Clinical Coordinator RN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Clinical Coordinator facilitates the implementation of the VNA Health Center (VNAHC) primary health care program through the coordination of services, policy and protocol implementation and compliance, activities and grant requirements with the support and assistance of other management and staff focused on VNAHC services. The Clinical Coordinator has clinical nursing responsibility for all practice areas for a VNA Health Center site. The Clinic Coordinator is responsible for supervision and training of VNA HC staff including nurses, CNAs, phlebotomists and other staff to ensure efficient clinic flow and effective nursing care. Sixty percent of this position is focused on administrative responsibilities and 40% is focused on clinic responsibilities.
- Performs all of the primary functions of a Health Center Nurse including: preparation of nursing, medical and lab areas; review of consents; completion of health histories, assessments and plans of care; administering of medications; providing education and counseling; initiating referrals for other services; completing documentation on above items; etc.
- Observes and modifies daily clinic operation and flow. Instructs and guides staff to assure that waiting times are kept to a minimum and that each person is doing their job in an efficient and clinically appropriate manner.
- Recruits, interviews, hires and evaluates nurses, CNAs, phlebotomists, and other staff. Initiates. Initiates and maintains competency documents for all staff. Completes performance appraisals, recommends raises, promotions, and is responsible for disciplinary actions and terminations according to VNA policy.
- Orients new staff including use of the electronic medical record system and assists in the orientation of nurse practitioners and medical staff as requested.
- Serves as the site Vaccine for Children (VFC) Coordinator and ensures all vaccine policies and procedures as directed by the grant. Orders vaccines as determined by target inventory levels. (This responsibility is shared in the Aurora Health Center)
- Oversees and coordinates nursing, CNA and phlebotomy staff activities to meet the patients’ needs including, efficient use of staff in a customer-focused, safe, convenient, accessible, and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for ordering office and clinical supplies from previously selected VNA vendors, based on target inventory levels.
- Manages resources in a way that meets the needs of patients, families, and the organization as a whole.
- Reviews, audits, evaluates and clarifies the daily documentation of nurses, CNAs and other staff. Monitors timeliness of documentation and employee productivity. Provides guidance as needed to improve documentation and productivity.
- Provides oversight for all practice areas, including Pediatrics, Family Practice, OB/Gyn, and specialty care service areas, such as infusion, cardiac, diabetes, etc.
- Ensures staff participation in Quality Improvement processes including chart audits, nurse practitioner chart audits, physician peer review chart audits, proficiency testing and outcome audits.
- Participates in the development of clinical policies, procedures and protocols for VNAHC.
- Responsible for the implementation, and staff compliance, of all clinical policies, procedures, and processes.
- Collaborates with providers regarding continuity of client care and establishes a cooperative working relationship with all organization staff, especially health center staff.
- Identifies and participates in continuing education program/activities to enhance professional growth and ensure quality of care.
- Fulfills all requirements noted in the job description for the Registered Nurse.
- Takes responsibility for the implementation of policies and procedures for Joint Commission accreditation.
- Ensures the patient education model of care is fully implemented in their respective areas of practice.
- Represents VNA Health Care with community partners at designated events, meetings and projects.
- Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois required.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Two years of nursing experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to function as an integral part of the management team.
- Superior communication and public speaking skills required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to communicate efficiently, verbally and in writing.
- Tactile, visual, auditory and olfactory senses intact.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer.
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to wear a particulate mask.
- Ability to drive a car.
- Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress.
- Ability to organize and mange work and multiple priorities, setting objectives and meeting deadlines.
VNA Health Care
HealthcareView all jobs at VNA Health Care
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?