Telco Business Development Manager - Service Assurance/Analytics Specialist, VMware Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Why work for our Division?
Communication Service Providers (CSPs) ('Telcos/Cable Companies') are looking to adopt virtualization and cloud technologies to transform the delivery of core network services and become providers of rich 5G and IoT services. With a proven track record in virtualization and cloud technologies and services, honed over 20 years of delivering best in class solutions to the Enterprise sector, VMware is ideally placed to be a leading vendor in Telco Cloud solutions for digital transformation and already commands a leading market share in this market segment.
The VMware Telco and Edge Cloud Business Unit develops platforms and solutions for Telco's wide area network environments from core to edge. We leverage core VMware products wherever possible, and work through our Telco and field sales teams and strategic partners to reach customers world-wide. Through our flagship Telco solutions, we help VMware and our customers stay at the forefront of innovation in telecommunications networks.
The Business Development Manager-Service Assurance/Analytics Specialist is responsible for developing new and existing business opportunities for VMware's SMARTs Analytics Solution Suite in the Telecommunications vertical market in their assigned geography. The position requires this individual to work closely with, and in support of, the core Telco Global Account Sales Team by coordinating and executing a joint sales strategy and sales approach leveraging VMware's Telco Business Unit resources and expertise. This extended team approach is driven to a common goal of developing projects to grow revenue related to Service Assurance/Analytics (SMARTs) within the broader Telco & Edge Cloud Solution Suite, ensuring accounts are developed, agreements executed and deployments initiated in a coordinated and systematic manner across the cross-functional teams. The role responsibility is global but primary focus is on the AMER region.
The BDM-Service Assurance/Analytics will provide overlay sales and business strategy support and solution, business domain expertise to the AMER and other global VMWare sales teams as needed. Key areas of contribution will include:
- Strategy - market research and sales strategy analysis for Service Assurance/Analytics in their target market. Maintenance of joint business scorecards across the TEC (Telco & Edge Cloud) team and field sales teams. Assist field sales teams to develop any longer-range joint initiatives or ventures that require mutual investment from VMware and key customers.
- Exec relations - support field Telco sales management to maintain senior relationships in key accounts.
- Industry Evangelism - speaking at regional trade events, working with marketing on community development events, regional analyst relations, blogging, etc.
- Field Enablement - development / delivery of value positioning, collateral and sales readiness training necessary to support field sellers to effectively sell into the target accounts. Working with the TEC Field Readiness team to develop and deliver sales and technical enablement.
- Tracking and Report - at a global level, working with each region on pipeline curation, forecast accuracy and dashboard reporting.
- 10-15 years of experience in business development and business strategy consulting in Telecommunications, direct IT Operations Management (ITOM) or Operations Support Systems (OSS) or Network Performance Management or (NPM)/Application Performance Management (APM), plus AI/ML experience preferred
- Confirmed experience selling complex technical solutions into service providers
- Service Assurance, Experience and Analytics inclusive of AI & ML technology domain expertise
- Experience coordinating matrixed virtual teams of field professionals (Sales Executives, Field SE's, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.) in strategic planning and large account selling
- Consistent track record of successful business development in a highly competitive environment
- Consistent record of post-sales engagement management, driving from sale to the initiation of deployed solutions
- Undergraduate technical degree or equivalent experience
- MBA desirable
- Travel: Estimated travel of 50%
- Position can be based in the based in the following locations: Denver, New York, Dallas, Chicago, LA or San Francisco
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.Search Jobs