The HCI BU is one of the fastest growing business units within VMware. We focus on bringing to market solutions in areas of Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) powered by VMware vSAN; Cloud Storage as part of VMware Cloud on AWS; Disaster Recovery Solutions based on VMware Site Recovery Manager for both on premises and cloud deployments, and many more solutions for the VMware customer base.
As a Product Line Marketing Manager focused on cloud native storage and infrastructure, PKS, and emerging workloads, you will play a critical role in driving strategy and execution for the next high-growth areas for vSAN and HCI BU.
- Define marketing strategy for key areas, including cloud native storage, PKS,and emerging workloads
- Develop positioning and messaging that resonates with key decision makers and buyers
- Lead key launch activities and deliverables
- Build a complete package of collateral and sales tools (customer presentations, solution briefs, white papers, videos, case studies, demos, TCO/ROI calculators)
- Evangelize vSAN and HCI BU solutions through presentations, webinars, conferences, social media, and other digital channels
- Enable internal stakeholders such as field, channel teams and other business units
- Develop and disseminate market expertise through market research, studies, and customer interviews
- Travel up to 20% as required
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Marketing or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in IT B2B marketing
- Knowledgeable about emerging cloud native applications, as well as the storage and IT infrastructure market
- Strong strategic, analytic, and creative thinking skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn new products and technologies, and communicate the benefits to business as well as technical audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, and lead cross-functional teams
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-11-24
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.