VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibility:
Our Client Executive team is made up of passionate, ambitious and high-reaching sales consultants who are committed to integrating within our customers' business to offer world class VMware solutions. The Client Executive will be responsible for solution selling by orchestrating a holistic sales approach and leveraging VMware's Systems Engineering, Product Specialists, Professional Services, Partner Channel, Inside Sales and other VMware resources to drive net new revenue for the company. VMware has and continues to build a top performing sales team with the desire, determination and skillset to deliver a world class customer experience to our clients.
* Responsible for selling the complete VMware portfolio of products and services within a list of named Enterprise accounts
* Drive account sales strategy and establish communication cadence with the extended account resources to ensure full engagement and accountability
* Lead and collaborate with Systems Engineering, Inside Sales, Specialists, Professional Services and channel partners to drive long-term success with our clients.
* Develop and lead a partner strategy by selecting a set of "preferred" partners, developing a collaborative account plan that enables channel partners to be an extension of VMware's sales team
* Learn and understand the assigned customers' business model and match the VMware solution to the business needs and technical requirements
* Strengthen existing relationships within the assigned accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position by aligning with the executives at each client
* Accurately forecast bookings on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis within Salesforce.com
Our team looks for candidates who embody our 'EPIC2' values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Team members who are logically curious,
interpersonal, customer focused and able to find the humor in situations tend to thrive at VMware.
* Experience orchestrating and leading a matrixed sales organization to deliver solutions to large enterprise clients
* Experience selling complex solutions involving a long-term approach to customer success
* Strong track record of quota over-achievement
* Experience partnering well and working with the channel to deliver a positive customer experience
* Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical capabilities into business outcomes
* Ability to effectively communicate business value and return on investment of proposed products and solutions to the customer
* Experience negotiating large deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
* Experience building demand with cycle times of 6-24 months
* A minimum of 8 years' experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure Solution Sales
* Solution selling at the Enterprise level
* Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
* Previous leadership experience
* Self-starter with a high level of commitment and energy
* Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.