Network Administrator Specialist - Principal
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
VMR Strategic Solutions is seeking an experienced Network Administrator Specialist - Principal that will provide system administration and technical support; to include planning, design, and configuration, to the test lab facilities and equipment. The candidate will provide organizational level systems administration support on communications, computer and computer-based systems and provide vendor interface for the research and assessment of new and emerging technologies.
- Lead network design, layout and develop baseline configuration for test lab.
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements and provide recommendations.
- Design and build the hardware and software components for telecommunication test networks.
- Validate Risk Management Element (RME) mandated security guidelines and directives are current.
- Create, edit, and maintain all laboratory supporting documentation including, but not limited to diagrams, and SOP/RMF documents, as well as storing configurations of network elements
- Draft plans identifying current capabilities, areas of concern or inefficiencies, and analysis of alternatives for short term and long term goals/courses of action (COAs)
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree with 4 years
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years
- Associate’s degree with 12 years
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Master’s degree
- Additional certifications (other than those required for the position) in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties
- DoD 8570 Level II certification
- Juniper/Cisco routers and routing-instances
- Network Access Controls 802.1x
- Test instrumentation and/or test automation tools
- Wireless Network Troubleshooting and configuration skills
- WAN and VPN solutions
- Install, configure, manage, and optimize VMware solutions
- ITIL Change & Configuration Management
- MS Office skills (MS Visio/PowerPoint)
- Must be able to meet customer facility COVID requirements
- Secret clearance
VMR Strategic Solutions
AddressMiles Manor, AZ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?