Founded in 2002, VMD is an award-winning provider of Agile Software Engineering, Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, and Transportation Security Services to numerous U.S. Federal Government clients including projects across both DoD and Civilian agencies. We specialize in high-level, tip of the spear engagements with a significant impact on mission success for our clients.
Why Join VMD Corp?
VMD fosters a culture that is founded onEight Core Valuesand you canwatch what our Core Values meanto our Vision Mission Driven employees.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.
About the Mission You Will Join:
VMD Corp will provide implementation of a consolidated information security approach that integrates various aspects of SBA Infrastructure Operations and SBA Security Operations. The goal is provide an integrated security service that provides enterprise-level IT security program services for the SBA through the Office of Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO).
Your Impact to the Mission:
We are seeking a highly skilled PMO Lead to be accountable for the end-to-end planning and implementation of complex, cross functional Cybersecurity projects. This SBA cybersecurity contract encompass a wide range of tasks including but not limited to: PMO functions; security engineering and operations, monitoring and analysis, confirmation management, network operations, as well as incident response functions that include cybersecurity. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Oversee projects and act as a Task Manager, working closely with the Program Manager and government personnel from SBA program offices (i.e., Network Operations Center, Engineering Team, Confirmation Management Team, etc.)
- Help lead projects through advanced project management techniques and methodologies
- Orchestrates IT portfolio management, governance, enterprise architecture, and oversight
- Champion organizational change, develop roadmaps, and integration steps to ensure continued project success
- Support the development and maintenance of the Risk Management Framework
- Supports Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management (EPPM) in refining project management practices and implementing them throughout the Enterprise Project Management Organization (ePMO)
- Organize and maintain resources needed for the delivery of PMO Support including the implementation of improvement capabilities, service delivery support, data analytics, and performance metrics
- Proactively identify, track and mitigate project risks and issues
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- 5-10 years experience playing a leading role in a PMO for a large IT program
- Experience designing and implementing information security plans
- Proven understanding of PMBOK guidelines
- Ability to effectively interact with management and staff at all levels within a multi-level organization
- Proven experience leading organizations in their ITSM-based process maturity and improvement journeys, with demonstrated successful outcomes
- Significant cyber security domain knowledge and experience managing cyber security projects
- Knowledge of federal guidelines and standards including NIST Cyber Security Framework
- Understanding of FEDRAMP cloud services
- Experience with Microsoft tools
- Ability to instill a culture of continuous improvement
- Assemble and lead cross functional high-performance teams, creating a collaborative environment and execute with a sense of urgency
- Experience developing and reporting on program performance metrics
- Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and manage multiple projects at once in parallel
- Experience in managing highly visible projects with multiple workstreams and technology
- Experience partnering with customer on strategic planning and roadmaps
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with on premises and cloud based systems
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Salesforce
- Knowledge of Xacta (GRC)
- Strong writing and oral presentation capabilities in developing executive-level briefings, presentations, and recommendations for senior management
- Possess expert understanding of the intricacies and unique relationships of key internal and external stakeholders, partners, and customers
- Experience with data analytics and business intelligence tools
- Has the combination of strategic understanding, change management experience, and exceptional communication and analytical skills
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related
- Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree?Yes
- Required Certification(s):Project management certification such as the PMI or PMP
- Minimum Years of Overall Experience:5
- Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field:5
- Minimum Clearance to Start:Public Trust
- Work Status Allowable:US Citizenship
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- Sharp business mind with a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives
- Motivated by the desire to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion
- Able to stay abreast latest cybersecurity and information technologies, tools, etc.
- Demonstrate professionalism beyond reproach for themselves
Travel and Telecommuting:
- Travel: None
- Telecommute Options:Yes, remote with the exception of client meetings
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.
VMD CorpWashington, DC
TechnologyView All VMD Corp Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.