Are you motivated by the customer mission? Do you bring smart, strategic approaches to the table? Here at VMD, we understand the mission and work side by side with customers to articulate a vision for success, and then make it happen. We know success doesn’t happen by accident. It takes the right team of people, working together on the right solutions for the customer. Our team is one of the best in the business. Are you ready to join us?
VMD fosters a culture that is made up of three core components: Talent | Commitment | Trust
VMD has an exciting opportunity for you to join as a Mid-Level Java Developer working in our Camp H. M. Smith, HI office. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work with other developers to interact and collaborate across a diverse project team of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Create and deploy new software modules and interface and configure and maintain software components in an Agile software development environment.
- Minimum 3 years of Java/J2EE Developer experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience, and in-depth understanding of the software development life cycle
- Experience with Java Application Servers or Open Source Application Servers
- Experienced in building multi-tiered applications
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Specific Field of Study or Degree (if any): Computer Science
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? No
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 3
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 3
Minimum Clearance to Start: Secret or Ability to obtain Interim Secret
Work Status Allowable: US Citizenship required
Required Certification(s): None
Travel: Some (between 10 to 25%)
Telecommute Options: None
- 3 or more years with SQL, Apache Struts, Apache Tomcat experience.
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL and/or DB2
- Experience with Google Mapping Services, Google Maps and Google Earth
- Experience with Windows Server 2003 and 2008 and Microsoft SQL 2005 and 2008
- Experience with IIS, Jboss, and WebLogic
- Experience with Eclipse development tools or IDE
How do you know that you will succeed in this position with VMD?
- You are an excellent team player who thrives performing a variety of tasks and duties.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
- You interact well with people and are a natural team player.
- You consistently meet deadlines and come prepared to offer solutions and contribute in meaningful ways.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.