Founded in 2002, VMD is an award-winning provider of Agile Software Engineering, Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, and Transportation Security Services to numerous U.S. Federal Government clients including projects across both DoD and Civilian agencies. We specialize in high-level, tip of the spear engagements with a significant impact on mission success for our clients.
Why Join VMD Corp?
VMD fosters a culture that is founded on Eight Core Values and you can watch what our Core Values mean to our Vision Mission Driven employees.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.
About the Mission You Will Join:
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) strives for a safer, stronger cybersecurity posture for all Americans by responding to major incidents, analyzing threats, and exchanging critical cybersecurity information with trusted partners around the world. The CISA serves as a central location where a diverse set of partners involved in cybersecurity and infrastructure protection coordinate and synchronize their efforts that include partnering with foreign governments and international entities to enhance the nation’s cybersecurity posture to respond. Working closely with partners, CISA analyzes cybersecurity and Infrastructures information, shares timely and actionable information, and coordinates response, mitigation and recovery efforts. DHS’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is to assure security, resiliency, fusion of information, and communications to our partners, intelligence community, and law enforcement.
CSD’s Strategy, Performance & Resources (SPR) Sub-Division supports the CISA Cybersecurity Division (CSD) Office of the Assistant Director (OAD) in CSD’s strategic planning, budget, communications, metrics, process improvements, governance, programmatic management, and performance measurement in the support of CSD’s mission. CSD’s mission is to protect against and mitigate cyber risk from our nation’s cyber adversaries (e.g., China, Russian, Iran), targeting our most critical and sensitive assets, such as Federal Civilian Executive Branch Departments and Agencies networks and data, along with our Critical Infrastructure Sectors such as Financial Services, Emergency Services, Energy, Chemical, Transportation, and Nuclear. CSD’s OAD is also responsible for managing these critical initiatives and ensuring their coordination and delivery through multi-million-dollar acquisition and IT programs to ensure optimal impact to mission. Furthermore, SPR needs to develop business models, governance, strategic plans, policy position, and program management approaches. These efforts will afford CSD the ability to address cross-subdivision priorities related to the continued DHS, CISA, and CSD strategic progression.
Your Impact to the Mission:
The complexity of CSD’s mission, organization, capabilities, technology needs, and level of partnership integration (both internal and external to CISA) creates unique challenges for SPR in its role to support the CSD. Lack of program alignment to CSD’s strategic priorities has stunted the organization’s ability to effectively plan across its Sub-Divisions and Branches. CSD lacks consistent visibility into the progress, health, and challenges of existing initiatives and remains unable to collect accurate data in a timely manner that would enable the development of meaningful performance metrics. As a result, CSD capabilities and services have experienced significant delays in their implementation and evolution.
VMD is seeking an experienced Management Consultant/Business Analyst to:
- Support delivery of CSD’s organizational capabilities to sustainably innovate and deliver in how they Hire, Acquire, Build and Partner.
- Develop and sustain trusted relationships with all internal stakeholders and external partners including CISA Divisions, DHS Components, and Federal and Private partners to ensure coordinated cyber protection and risk mitigation.
- Work with customers to understand their mission goals and information technology strategy.
- Document and analyze business and functional requirements so that they may be accurately translated to technical system requirements
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards, to include but not limited to basic system architectural diagrams, concepts of operations, monthly status reports
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Support the development of briefings, agendas, and other general documentation support as directed, including training material and demonstration sessions for new and existing technologies to various DHS stakeholders.
- Create high-level briefings and communications materials for customers, management, and executive stakeholders
- Conduct interviews and draft written reports of findings and recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program administration and operations
- Work with the government and team members to identify, recommend, and implement opportunities for service delivery improvement and new technology implementation
- Evaluate program materials and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts (Atlassian System Admins, Support Engineers, System Architects) to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Develop and implement a deep understanding of Atlassian products and services (Jira, Confluence) to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various team members to understand project requirements
- Develop content in various media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Understand and support system documentation requirements
- Conduct trade-off analyses on business and technical requirements
- Perform risk management, including identifying, prioritizing, and mitigating risks, and communicating and escalating risks and issues
- Support a continuous improvement process by providing recommendations on improving products, services, and processes.
- Support Management of projects within schedule and budget and defined by the Government.
- Manage client interaction and expectations regarding team efforts
- Identify and coordinate cross-team dependencies and collaboration
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- 5+ years’ experience in systems analysis and design of information systems programs and related business processes
- Experience in the full systems engineering life cycle, from initial design/analysis to deployment
- Experience with IT Service Management and enterprise level IT Systems migrations
- Experience working with Agile methodology in a Scrum or Kanban environment and phase-based delivery methods
- Experience with Jira and Confluence or other Agile tools
- Experience working within environments where there is a heavy focus on mission (preferably CISA's)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of cybersecurity standards, policies, and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical users.
- Driven, innovative, and detail-oriented, with extremely strong leadership and interpersonal skills to facilitate effective collaboration across a variety of stakeholders.
- Able to interact comfortably with Senior Leadership and/or Government Executives and staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience consulting for CISA (preferred), the DHS, or other federal agencies in a cybersecurity capacity.
- Ability to continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, develop and deepen long-lasting client relationships
- Familiarity with business process reengineering methodologies
- Excellent analytical and business presentation skills.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? No
Required Certification(s): None
Desired Certification(s): Project Management and Agile Certifications (PMP / ACP / CSM)
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 5
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 5
Minimum Clearance to Start: Public Trust
Work Status Allowable: US Citizen
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- You are curious, inqu...