Are you motivated by the customer mission? Do you bring smart, strategic approaches to the table? Here at VMD, we understand the mission and work side by side with customers to articulate a vision for success, and then make it happen. We know success doesn’t happen by accident. It takes the right team of people, working together on the right solutions for the customer. Our team is one of the best in the business. Are you ready to join us?
VMD fosters a culture that is made up of three core components: Talent | Commitment | Trust
VMD is rapidly expanding our Enterprise Cybersecurity practice in Washington, DC, and we are actively hiring up to 50 individuals for various positions through 2020. Of these opportunities, VMD has an exciting opportunity for you to join as a Incident Response Deputy Lead In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Lead and manage a team of security analysts
- Actively monitor systems and networks for intrusions.
- Proactively identify security flaws and vulnerabilities and then develop plans of action to remediate those issues.
- Perform security audits, risk analysis, network forensics and penetration testing in order to analyze, develop, and recommend courses of action.
- Perform malware analysis and reverse engineering of systems, applications, and assets across the agency enterprise.
- Develop a procedural set of responses to security problems that result in repeatable processes for others to follow.
- Establish protocols for communication within an organization and dealings with external partners to include but not limited to DHS, US-CERT, OMB, GAO, OIG, and law enforcement during security incidents.
- Create a program development plan that includes security gap assessments, policies, procedures, playbooks, training and tabletop testing.
- Produce detailed incident reports and technical briefs for management, administrators and end-users.
- Liaison with other cyber threat analysis entities.
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Participate in the creation of technical demos, briefings, and oral presentations materials. Provide Technical thought leadership and SME value to client interactions. Create strategies for developing win themes and addressing business challenges and opportunities uniquely and distinctly.
- Must undergo and successfully attain Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) security investigation
- Ability to navigate complex IT activities that span functions of organizations and regions to align results with organizational goals
- Work in assigned shifts in a 24x7 ESOC environment
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and experience using agile to implement projects within a federal government environment, as well as managing an agile team
- Ability and experience to deal with ambiguity and frequent changes in priorities, as well as prioritize workload based on needs of the customer
- Experience maintaining and managing client interface at senior levels across multiple client organizations
- Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree
Specific Field of Study or Degree (if any): Computer Science, Information Management (IM), Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? No
Work Status Allowable: US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Incident Handler, Certified Intrusion Analyst, Certified Ethical Hacker, or similar certifications highly recommended
How do you know that you will succeed in this position with VMD?
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
- You interact well with people and are a natural team player.
- You consistently meet deadlines and come prepared to offer solutions and contribute in meaningful ways.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.
Why Join VMD Corp?
VMD fosters a culture that is founded on Eight Core Values and we embrace and embody our Core Values. We demonstrate them every day. Proudly. With each other, with our clients, and within our communities. Our Core Values are what make us unique and exceptional.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.