Full Stack Developer
- Expired: August 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 2002, VMD is an award-winning provider of Agile Software Engineering, Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, and Transportation Security Services to numerous U.S. Federal Government clients including projects across both DoD and Civilian agencies. We specialize in high-level, tip of the spear engagements with a significant impact on mission success for our clients.
Why Join VMD Corp?
VMD fosters a culture that is founded on Eight Core Values and you can watch what our Core Values mean to our Vision Mission Driven employees.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.
About the Mission You Will Join:
The team supporting the EPA Office of Transportation and Air Quality (OTAQ) Fuels IT systems is seeking a mid-level full-stack developer to support exciting technical transformation and modernization efforts currently underway. The team is currently focused on supporting and modernizing complex software systems that support industry fuel registration, reporting and compliance activities while using the Agile/SAFe framework.
Your Impact to the Mission:
The ideal candidate is forward thinking, eager to learn new technologies, and excited about solving complex technical challenges every day. The successful candidate will work as part of an agile development team to build and support enterprise-class software applications that are critical to the operations of our federal customer and industry users who perform thousands of transactions across the platform every day. The current technology stack includes front-end web interfaces, web services (API), server-side business logic, batch jobs such as extract-transform-load (ETL), and Oracle database backends. This position will contribute to an ongoing modernization effort and will therefore be responsible for researching, developing, delivering, and supporting new technologies, products, and standards which can be incorporated into the OTAQ Fuels suite of applications. The current technical environment includes:
- Java/Spring/Spring Boot
- Oracle/Postgres RDBMS (SQL)
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bit-Bucket)
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure
The Full Stack Developer will perform the following responsibilities:
- Participate in an agile team, including all agile ceremonies, to deliver the full lifecycle, including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Design, develop, and maintain code that meets requirements, is high quality, and performs efficiently and effectively to provide a great customer experience.
- Incorporate standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Update and maintain system design documents.
- Review and provide feedback on functional and technical requirements.
- Define and propose solutions for meeting requirements.
- Contributing to improvements in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing practices such as test-driven development (TDD), static code analysis, code reviews, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated security scanning.
- Working closely with technical architects to ensure system design follows the industry best practices and standards that align with EPA security requirements
Provide operational support expertise, including the following:
- Debugging software in production, including performing systematic assessments for identifying root causes of faults or problems
- Understanding production environments including security hardening, performance tuning, and access control
- Reproducing failures in development environments
- Recommending coding solutions for other developers to implement
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- 3-5 years experience as a full-stack developer.
- Expertise in core Java
- Experience with RESTful web services.
- SQL and data modeling experience, including experience working with ORM tools/frameworks such as Hibernate (including a working knowledge of JPA).
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree
- Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? No
- Required Certification(s): None
- Desired Certification(s): None
- Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 3
- Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 3
- Minimum Clearance to Start: Public Trust
- Work Status Allowable: US Citizenship
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- You are curious, inquisitive, and have demonstrated a constant eagerness to learn through actions.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
Travel and Telecommuting:
- Travel: None
- Telecommute Options: Yes. Core hours
In accordance with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Order Guidance, all VMD prospective employees may be either required to be fully vaccinated or receive an approved medical or religious accommodation for continued employment. VMD continues to adhere to all federal agency COVID worksite protocols.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue NorthwestWashington, DC
TechnologyView all jobs at VMD Corp