VMD is seeking a DevSecOps Program Manager to support the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Office of Information Technology (OIT) in Washington, DC. The USCIS OIT requires support to provide services in development of new and enhancement of existing capabilities for information technology systems and applications in their Mission Services and/or Benefits Portfolios. The primary scope of this contract is to research, design, architect, engineer, document, and maintain the systems in one of these portfolios while providing leadership to organization for the transition to use of the Agile Framework and DevSecOps.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Agile Development: Deliver high quality, production-ready functionality in an incremental fashion using Agile development practices and methods. These services must use development, security, and operations (DevSecOps) techniques that embrace cloud based, scalable architecture, immutable infrastructure, automated testing and continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- DevSecOps: Support the Amazon Web Services (AWS) toolsets and shall monitor and maintain multiple environments with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines that utilize automated builds, automated tests and static analysis. In addition, coordination with the USCIS Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to remediate any findings from the regular security scans that USCIS performs on the system as required.
- Documentation: Prepare and deliver the USCIS required system documentation.
- Serving as the federal government's primary point of contact for the program and keeping VMD’s corporate leadership informed of progress and status.
- Planning the entire program across scope, schedule, resources, risk, quality, etc. and monitoring the on-going execution of these areas.
- Ensuring that contract requirements deliverables and service levels are met with a high level of client satisfaction.
- Keeping the COR and technical designees updated on all aspects of the contract and making them aware of any contract issues in a timely manner.
- Spearheading the transformation to and adoption of a more Agile-based approach using industry standard DevSecOps practices.
- Maintaining a positive work environment where ingenuity and resourcefulness are fostered, and team spirit can develop.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with DevSecOps and the Agile Framework
- Understanding of/experience with open source tools and CI/CD best practices
- Familiarity and understanding of cloud technology and Amazon Web Services (AWS, Azure)
- Program Management experience in an Agile environment
Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree
Specific Field of Study or Degree (if any): N/A
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? No
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 5
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 5
Minimum Clearance to Start: Secret
Work Status Allowable: US Citizen
Required Certification(s): Project Management Professional (PMP)
Telecommute Options: None
Desired Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience providing consulting services for USCIS, another DHS component, or the Federal
- Government Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Certification
How do you know that you will succeed in this position with VMD?
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
- You interact well with people and are a natural team player.
- You consistently meet deadlines and come prepared to offer solutions and contribute in meaningful ways.
Why Join VMD Corp?
VMD fosters a culture that is founded on Eight Core Values and we embrace and embody our Core Values. We demonstrate them every day. Proudly. With each other, with our clients, and within our communities. Our Core Values are what make us unique and exceptional.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.