- Hands on engineer who will have responsibility for managing the SMT line(s) for throughput, placement accuracy, solder paste printing and re-flow profiles.
- Lead NPI projects for production department to ensure effective and timely execution of the projects to meet all customer process and quality requirements.
- Lead line technicians and line operators on resolving any line stoppage issues and/or implementing any customer deviations.
- Knowledgeable in SMT solder paste printing process, parameters, placement machine capabilities and will help overcome any difficulties faced by manufacturing lines.
- Work closely with process engineers on understanding manufacturing process instructions (MPI) created by them and implement those fully during production runs.
- Improve throughput while maintaining quality requirements.
- Review customer specifications, assembly instructions and drawings and prepare and create PCBA manufacturing process instructions (MPI) from first step to last which is shipping instructions.
- Create SMT and post SMT manufacturing process flow in DGS for Proto and NPI boards as per customer specification, complying with IPC 610, JSTD and other applicable standards.
- Review and revise Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI’s) for clarity, issues, notes and illustrations after build.
- Review component specifications in detail for PD data, temperature, MSL levels and create manufacturing processes in accordance with component specifications.
- Order stencils and other tooling for new and revised boards.
- Provide Design for Manufacture (DFM) Reports on new assemblies with 5 days after the gerber and BOM and CAD data release.
- Provide post build DFM reports with 5 days of build completion.
- Assist the buyer in procuring PCB’s, solder pastes, various paints, coating, wires and other production materials by assembling the necessary specifications, filling in gaps in the customer’s documentation as necessary and designing panels for optimum efficiency.
- Create and approve Process Deviations/ECNs to accommodate glitches in production processes.
- Create Stop Ship/Stop Production notices to capture and correct defective product.
- The employee shall represent the company during customer design reviews, audits and issue resolution and work independently with the customer for quick resolutions and responses.
- Coordinate directly with the customers on quality issues, DFM issues, new processes etc.
- Address and dispose of non-conforming material (NCMR’s) and contact suppliers for any manufacturing related questions, recommendations.
- Recommend and incorporate new processes and equipment as needed.
- Conduct experiments to investigate process problems and optimize processes.
- Work on special engineering process development experiments as requested.
- Point of contact for manufacturing engineering for assigned transfer projects working with teams in Southeast Asia.
- The employee shall follow proper Electro Static Discharge (ESD) procedures at all times and be knowledgeable of and perform job in accordance with proper material handling procedures and guidelines.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Technology, Chemical Engineering.
Experience in the following equipments: DEK printers, Fuji CP4, Fuji CP6, Fuji QP, Universal GSM, Heller and Vitronics Reflow ovens, Agilent SP50, Ersa Versflow, Wave machines, Washers, SRT and AOI
- Knowledge of PCBA (SMT and PTH) process
- Knowledge of pick and place programming especially Fuji, GSM, or relevant equipment
- Knowledge of PCA process and stencil design
- Statistical process control and/or Six-Sigma
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Prior working experience in a SMT environment
- Knowledge of vapor phase technology is a plus
- Might be required to work longer hours for sudden upside and/or to meet critical timeliness.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year