A real estate development & property management company is seeking an experienced part time assistant bookkeeper. The company is based in Easton, PA and owns residential and commercial properties throughout PA and NJ with a concentration in the Lehigh Valley.
Office hours are 9 AM – 5 PM; three days a week to start, possibility for increase to full-time in future.
The assistant bookkeeper is responsible for, but not limited to, assisting the Lead Bookkeeper in maintaining the day-to-day accounting functions, financial statement preparation, tenant management, payroll, and managing health insurance benefits and workers’ comp, as required. Assistance in these areas will be provided by:
· sorting and opening financially related mail
· AP/AR: entering bills and cutting checks and receiving deposits
· managing credit card receipts and reimbursements
· bank reconciliations
· budget and report preparation
· vendor management
· security deposit management and refunding
· scanning and filing
- 3+ years of bookkeeping preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Property Management experience a plus
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Experience with Appfolio, Quickbooks or similar accounting software
- Professional presentation and conduct
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to manage deadlines
Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience
VM Development GroupVM Development Group and VM Realty Group (VM Companies) jointly are a full service development, construction management, property management and brokerage firm that operates in Eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Properties under development and management include commercial, office, retail, and multi-family.