Embedded Systems Engineer
- Expired: June 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
810 Crossland Ave. Office: 931.266.0888 Clarksville, TN 37040 Website: vkintsys.com
Embedded Systems Engineer
Position Full Time
VK Integrated Systems is engaged in the research, development, and manufacture of hardware, software, and supporting architecture for use in hand-held weapon systems. Since 2014, we have successfully, manufactured, assembled, programmed, fired and pulled data from a semi-automatic rifle with integrated electronics.
Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our customers by supplying them with innovative tools to help protect and serve.
Our vision is to produce products that increase global security and save American lives.
Why Work for VK Integrated Systems?
Working for VK Integrated Systems makes you a key member of the team that creates and provides trailblazing technology and weapons systems for law enforcement and military service members.
Do you love solving challenging problems? How about creating elegant solutions to complex challenges? Are you detail oriented, driven and motivated to complete objectives? Do you like the exciting and fast-paced environment of a small business? We are looking for someone that can meet our embedded systems needs now and grow us.
As part of our engineering team, you will be working to bring next level functionality to a product space that is blowing up fast. You will ensure that VK Integrated Systems products are fast, reliable and cutting edge. This role requires cross functional efforts with the hardware design team.
Required for Consideration:
● US Citizenship is required along with the ability to receive a Secret security clearance
● The ability to travel as needed
We are looking for an embedded systems engineer to join our growing product development team. As an expert in embedded solutions, you will be working on both hardware and software side of things. You will be solving challenging problems and developing innovative solutions that finds application across many industries. Sound technical knowledge and a creative approach to problem solving are a must to qualify for this job.
- Design, prototype and verify systems for various embedded applications
- Develop and maintain firmware for embedded platforms
- Create and manage documentation for active projects
- Interact with clients and help with the development of customized embedded solutions
- Test and debug embedded software and applications
- Develop hardware and software specifications
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Provide technical assistance to clients and sales team
- Develop tools and techniques for testing and verification
· Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or computer science
· Minimum two years of experience in embedded software or hardware development
· Sound knowledge of VHDL, C, C++ and assembly
· Good grasp of testing and debugging techniques and protocols
· Working knowledge of linux and version control systems
· Excellent knowledge of interface and network protocols
· High degree of familiarity with logic analyzers, digital storage oscilloscope etc.
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· 3 to 4 years of experience
· Excellent understanding of application development tools, processes, and technologies
· Good working knowledge of software development in embedded C or comparable language
· Experience in all aspects of a product life cycle – Requirements, Design, Development, HW/SW integration and test
· Demonstrated ability to identify problems and effectively raise issues
· Self-driven, goal oriented, and efficient
· Functions well in a team environment and has the ability to adapt quickly
· Object-oriented programming experience in C#, C++, Java or .Net is a plus
· Experience with TCP, UDP, HTTP, Web Sockets, MQTT or other connected protocol
is a plus
· Embedded integration with cloud, smart home, or server back end
infrastructures is a plus
· Experience with Agile development processes is a plus
Drug‐Free Workplace in an effort to safeguard workplace health, safety, and productivity.
Employment is contingent upon passing a post offer drug screening and background check. Fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.
VK Integrated Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
VK Integrated Systems (VKIS)
TechnologyView all jobs at VK Integrated Systems (VKIS)