Lead Audio Visual Services Technician
VIcom - Virginia Integrated Communication – Richmond
Reports to: Integration/Service Manager – Richmond
The Lead Audio Visual Services Technician is responsible for A/V integration and/or support needs for our customers. This relates to all video and audio visual technology, to include: large displays, projectors and screens, SMART boards, interactive displays, speakers, amplifiers, audio/video switchers, mixers, microphones, control systems, videoconferencing units, various wire termination, cabling and wiring systems. Work activities may include outdoor conditions, erecting and working on scaffolding, tall ladders and motorized lifts.
Employee Owned. Customer Focused. VIcom is an industry leader dedicated to providing customers with complete integrated solutions and services through every outlet from - initial planning, consultation, design, integration, and implementation. VIcom is 100% employee owned. Employees are empowered to act and think like owners because, they are owners! All employee owners have a vested stake in the company which means their commitment to our communities, customers, and each other is unparalleled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of, and manage AV related system integration projects including coordinating with clients, facility owners, general contractors, and other trades involved in a project.
- Develop project specific work plans and supervise other team members.
- Maintain complete and accurate as-built documentation of system installations.
- Troubleshoot either remotely or on-site to resolve technical issues involving the integration of multiple types of equipment. Solutions include equipment from Vendors such as: Crestron, Extron, Polycom, SMART, Biamp, and others.
- Interface with VIcom’s other divisions to support projects and troubleshooting on voice, video, camera, security and access control systems.
- Generate, load, and test DSP programs across multiple platforms
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continually work to improve customer service perception, and satisfaction.
- Provide feedback to management and co-workers in order to improve system implementations, engineering, and day-to-day work flow.
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within defined service levels.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Enter time and expenses as they occur.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and understand project drawings and schematics, engineering notes, and operation manuals.
- Ability to understand construction blueprints, and demonstrated knowledge of commercial construction practices.
- Above-average knowledge of, and experience with the installation of Audio-Visual systems and equipment including front/rear projection; flat panel displays; control systems; audio and video signal routing and processing equipment, and integration of same.
- Ability to fabricate, wire, and test equipment racks and cabinets.
- Ability to hang projection screens, display panels, and related audio-visual equipment.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills using tact and courtesy along with the ability to handle pressure sensitive situations.
- Ability to properly and safely use and operate lifts, scaffolding, hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic test equipment.
- Ability to work aloft, and in confined spaces when required.
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision.
- Have a clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Ability to perceive differences in color and tone.
- Basic knowledge of network connectivity and methods.
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented, have multi-tasking abilities and handle tight, high stress deadlines.
- Physical condition to perform job duties including seeing/hearing; fingering/feeling/handling/reaching; bending/crouching/squatting/kneeling/pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying weights in excess of 70 pounds (heavy work); tolerance for prolonged walking or standing on various surfaces
- Candidates must be able to work multiple shifts given including days, evenings, overtime and some week-ends based on project deadlines
- Ability for some travel to complete assignments
Industry certifications (CTS; Crestron; Extron; Polycom; Biamp, etc) are desired, but not a requirement for this position.
Excellent benefits package including health insurance, 401K savings and Employee Stock Option Program.
VIcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.