Account Executive (B2B Outside Sales Representative)
VIcom - Virginia Integrated Communication – Virginia Beach, VA
Reports to: Leadership Team
VIcom is looking for driven, fearless and passionate Account Executive focused on Audio Visual, UCC, Networking and Security sales within the Peninsula region of Hampton Roads to join us in our growth expansion.
Employee Owned. Customer Focused. VIcom is an industry leader dedicated to providing customers with complete integrated solutions and services through every outlet from - initial planning, consultation, design, integration, and implementation. VIcom is 100% employee owned. Employees are empowered to act and think like owners because, they are owners! All employee owners have a vested stake in the company which means their commitment to our communities, customers, and each other is unparalleled.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifies Business Opportunities by Recognizing Prospects and Evaluating their Needs. Engage proper resources after researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sell Products & Services associated with Technology Solutions. Establish account contacts, develop relationships with prospects and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Maintain Client Relationships. Provide support, technical information and account management. Research and recommend new solutions, product and service improvements.
- Preparation, Submission, Presentation of Proposals / Solutions. Assure all proposals and scope of work are submitted accurately and in a timely manner to customers.
- Maintain Account Records. Responsible for input of client information, sales activity, required forms, proposals, diagrams and communication in ConnectWise/Quosal.
- Maintain Professional and Technical Knowledge. Attend education workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; benchmark state-of-the-art practices; participate in professional societies.
- Contribute to the Team. Attend all team meetings and functions, including training sessions, vendor meetings, and marketing events.
- Works Well with Others. Able to successfully engage with VIcom Engineers, Accounting Division, Installation and Service Teams.
- Meet or Exceed Assigned Sales Quota. Demonstrate every effort to achieve all assigned Revenue and Profit quotas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. Listed below are requirements representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Strong financial analysis capabilities
- Excellent writing, presentation and negotiation skills
- Must have and maintain reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, driving record, and vehicle insurance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand customer requirements, discern the best solution for achieving client goals, while satisfying customer requirements
- Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance appropriate for the position
- Must be detail oriented, have multitasking abilities, handle tight, time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to obtain DCJS sales related certification
Desired Key Qualities:
- Outside business-to-business sales experience is highly preferred, but not required
- Experience and/or knowledge of Technology products and solutions preferred
- Strong interpersonal & time management skills
- Must be creative and able to offer suggestions in how to achieve desired results
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, and career oriented, with a desire to contribute to the growth of the company
- Maintain an awareness of business related trends in the industry
- A 4-year college degree preferred, but not required
This position is a salaried and commission driven. Compensation includes salary/commission, comprehensive benefits package including health Insurance, 401K savings and Employee Stock Option Program. Excellent earning potential!
VIcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.