Federal Business Development Inside Sales – Job Description
VITEC’s Federal Business Development Inside Sales specialist will be responsible for generating new opportunities for the federal sales team. The position will have extensive experience establishing contacts with potential new targets in military, special forces, ISR, Intelligence Agency’s, and civilian federal agencies. Existing relationships with channel partners and system integrators is a plus. This position will spend extensive time phone existing and new contacts in federal, military, state, and other government agencies.
The position is based in the employee’s home office with periodic travel to customer site, tradeshows & conferences. Overall travel is expected in the 20% range with periodic spikes. Position reports to the Federal Sales Director and works in tandem with one inside sales person also based in Atlanta.
- Identify an extensive target list in the following areas: Integrated ISR applications – ground vehicle and airborne platforms, various SOCOM entities & US Special Forces, Intelligence agencies, etc.
- Make first contact with these new contacts to introduce and promote VITEC solutions. The goal is to set up qualified high-level briefings for sales and tech team to jointly attend.
- Work with inside sales team to capture new contact info in VITEC database and strategize on digging for new contacts and decision makers within each organization.
- Spearhead and launch new initiatives into new federal markets we are not touching such as command control solutions with video walls and/or digital signage at state/local levels.
- Work with Federal Sales Director on key initiatives for the team such as pursuing military certifications and breaking down barriers to selling in this market.
- Support outbound marketing activities such as tradeshows and conferences.
- Strong understanding of government and military organizations and how to navigate to the decision makers and influencers through networking and direct contact.
- Excellent phone sales skills for reaching out to new and existing contacts.
- Experience in Inside Sales phone role.
- Work well as part of a team consisting of sales, inside sales, marketing, and pre-sale engineers.
- Strong planning skills and ability to take initiative on a given task
- Must have a broad understanding of IPTV and/or ability to quickly grasp VITEC’s IPTV solutions and what our value proposition is to the market.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. This position is part of the Federal Sales team and works with in inside sales team.
Work Environment: This job operates in the employee’s home office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. However, some lifting may be required of VITEC products of up to 20 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday – Friday, 9AM to 5PM with lunch breaks.
Travel: The position is based in the employee’s home office with periodic travel to customer site, tradeshows & conferences. Overall travel is expected in the 20% range with periodic spikes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a technical field is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in business development or sales, preferably with a competitor or related company.
- Military background is preferred.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.