Explore Hospice Careers with VITAS Healthcare, where a career, and a passion for caring come together!
The VITAS Healthcare Home Health Aide (CNA) is part of an interdisciplinary team of clinicians providing end-of-life patient care throughout New London County. Our Aides care for our Hospice patients in homes, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and retirement centers. The CHHA works in a specific geographic area within our service territory, and we reimburse for mileage.
The Certified Home Health Aide is a non-exempt employee trained to provide personal care and services to the terminally ill to augment that care given by family members. Functions under the direct instruction and supervision of the VITAS nurse and/or the VITAS Team Manager.
Full-Time, Monday to Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.
- Qualified candidates must have one (1) year direct patient care experience in acute or sub-acute care.
- Good documentation skills required.
- Ability to travel per job requirement.
- Certification in the state of Connecticut.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end-of-life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth and advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance