Join a great company with excellent work/life balance and a family feel. Gain exposure to the latest and greatest technologies in a supportive team environment, and make a real difference!
IT Business Analyst / Guidewire BA – ClaimCenter, PolicyCenter, BillingCenter
(Permanent hire, full-time, no corp-to-corp, no sponsorship)
The Business Analyst gathers and analyzes functional and technical information to help design, develop, and deploy information technology solutions, as a bridge between people, process, and technology.
- Provides direction regarding software application implementation and integration projects.
- Collaborates with business users and gathers business requirements.
- Analyzes and documents business needs, and translates them into technical requirements.
- Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), walkthroughs, interviews, etc.
- Designs and reviews Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specifications (SDS), and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Develops story cards, artifacts, workflows, Use Cases, UML diagrams, modeling, wireframes/mockups/prototypes.
- Gap analysis, as-is/to-be analysis, feasibility and risk analysis. Documents burn down/burn up charts.
- Collaborates with Developers and QA, to clarify systems capabilities and resolve issues.
- Shares knowledge of Guidewire ClaimCenter, PolicyCenter, and/or BillingCenter modules.
- Agile/Scrum processes, stand ups, sprint planning, product backlog, retrospectives, etc.
- Involved with project planning, scheduling, tracking, and sign-offs as needed.
- Assists with development, configuration, integration, enhancement, deployment, testing, support.
- Involved with system testing, data validation, defect triage, and work arounds.
- 5+ years as an IT Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, and/or IT Project Manager.
- 3+ years in the Insurance Industry – Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance preferred.
- Guidewire ClaimCenter, PolicyCenter, and/or BillingCenter knowledge preferred.
- Experience with software development and/or Quality Assurance/testing preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or a related field preferred.
- Exposure to various Commercial and Personal lines of business (LOBs) preferred.
- Agile/Scrum, RAD, TDD, and/or XP Extreme methodology knowledge preferred.