Visual Soft, Inc is seeking qualified candidates (US Citizens can obtain a Public Trust clearance - a requirement on its Project with a Major Prime) on its work-share with a large Prime in support of their efforts for a federal agency. we are seeking several senior and mid-level system administrators
Title: Windows Systems Administrator - Mid Level and Senior Level - Multiple positions
Location: Washington, DC 20530 (at federal agency location)
Compensation: based on education, experience (direct and relevant) and certifications
• 8 – 15 + years relevant work experience as a Senior Level Windows systems administrator with an IT equipment vendor, service provider, or a data center
• create and deliver server capacity planning for the Windows platform;
• ensure server performance thresholds are operating in accordance with industry standards based on the life of the server;
• Collaborate with networks and storage teams continually to ensure the infrastructure capability is providing the most effective and efficient performance.
• Demonstrated experience with clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and managing Windows servers remotely.
• Demonstrated experience with Windows servers (Windows 2008, Windows 2012) and Tier 3 troubleshooting will maintain the Windows infrastructure for the current and new application hosting environments.
• Responsible for maintaining documentation for the Windows servers footprint to include physical and virtual across all environments, maintaining the Windows patching schedule and executing patch and version updates, monitoring servers capacity, servers performance, and performing server recaps.
• Experience with Active Directory Federation Services, clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and performing backups and restores, Windows 2008, Windows 2012
• Participate in disaster recovery (DR) planning and execution in support of customer requirements;
• Support data center consolidation efforts;
• Provide expertise and assistance in migrations to managed service(s); and
• Design, build, and test application upgrades within specified timeframes.
• Manage and maintain Windows servers in the customer data centers; work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met
• Work in a rapid paced environment and work independently
• Maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers
• Set up administrator and service accounts, tune system performance, install system wide software
• Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
• Evaluate hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly automating operations
• Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
• Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
• Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.