HIGH SCHOOL/COLLEGE STUDENTS, NEW GRADUATES
Disaster Response. Environmental Projects. Community Support. Rebuilding. Human Services. Technology. Urban & Rural Planning. Public Relations. Management.
These federal training & service learning programs require no degree or experience. An excellent option for those interested in business, computer science/IT networking, construction, carpentry, building trades, environmental management, emergency services, forestry, fire response, disaster response, public administration, social sciences, law enforcement, homeland security, public health, animal care, writing/journalism, counseling, human services, recreation, non-profit services, or careers with local, state or federal government and organizations.
Build your employment portfolio with relevant experience, gain new skills and leadership experience, replace traditional student jobs like waiting tables, sandwich artist, cashier, food delivery driver and retail work on your resume- and really impress the next person who interviews you. Receive an educational award to pay off student debt, or to acquire more education or job training in the future.
• Completed degree/diploma not required
• Gain experience while exploring career options
• Gain a competitive edge over other job applicants in private or government sectors
• Gain leadership and management experience
• Gain college credits for continuing education (earn 6-9 credit hours)
• Gain new contacts by networking with government and community agency directors
• Gain new skills in your career field and expand your capabilities
• Gain advantages for college, trade school or apprenticeships
• Team Leader option for those with advanced skills and education (11 months)
• Minimum of 10 month commitment- can be repeated
• Travel, lodging, healthcare provided plus childcare allowance if applicable
• Earn bi-weekly stipend plus $$$$ to pay off educational debt or pay for future educational and job training expenses