Operations Manager for East Bay Harbor Condominium Association
East Bay Harbor Condominium Association (EBHCA) is comprised of 110 two- and three-bedroom units in Olympia, Washington. Located on the southernmost point of Puget Sound, the complex overlooks Swantown Marina and the Olympic Mountains, and has views of the Black Hills, the State Capitol Building, and parts of the city. Complex amenities include an outdoor pool, a clubhouse with a kitchen, a spa, and two saunas. A Board of six owner volunteers governs EBHCA. Board members and owner volunteers makeup seven committees, which deal with day-to-day operations of EBHCA. These committees include:
· Budget, Finance, and Insurance Committee
· Clubhouse/Pool Committee
· Communications Committee
· Landscape Committee
· Maintenance and Repair Committee
· Rules and Regulations Committee
· Security Committee
The Operations Manager
EBHCA employs an Operations Manager (OM) to serve as the point-of-contact for day-to-day operations and the support for the EBHCA Property. The OM reports to and is under the direction of the Board President and is the principal liaison to each committee.
The ideal candidate will have construction skills and property management experience and enjoy helping people. This individual shall exhibit initiative, reliability, and flexibility.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
1. Knowledge, experience, and capability of performing basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and structural repairs
2. Ability to establish and maintain a schedule of projects and duties.
3. Ability to prepare and present written reports.
4. Ability to interpret EBHCA governing documents, building plans and maps.
5. Ability to do moderately heavy labor outside in adverse weather.
6. Ability to operate, maintain, and repair EBHCA equipment.
7. Ability to address urgent repair needs utilizing approved contractors.
8. Free from dependency of alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs, and illegal substances.
9. Basic computer skills.
10. Proficient in using the Internet, MS Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel.
11. Good command of the English language.
12. For travel requirements, OM must own a reliable, licensed vehicle and possess a clean and valid driver’s license.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assess on-going maintenance and seasonal projects that require attention. The OM is designated by the EBHCA Board to help assess the scope of work of each project.
2. Determine if projects can be completed in-house or a contractor is required. If a contractor is required, bids are solicited and presented to the appropriate committee for resolution. In many instances, it is necessary to have projects reviewed by a engineer to ensure it adheres to current building codes and laws.
3. Oversee contracted projects.
4. Respond to and assess owner emergency situations and report to Property Manager.
5. Respond to non-emergency inquiries within one business day.
6. Handle problems of excessive noise, parking irregularities, power outages, fire alarms, vandalism, and undesirable intruders.
7. Report resident and renter moves to Property Manager. Protect elevator walls with pads; inspect common areas for damage in hallways, stairwells, and elevators after the move. Report any damage to Property Manager.
8. Maintain the swimming pool, whirlpool tub, and saunas. First aid training and pool/spa certification is required. The Association will pay for such training.
9. Keep maintenance records in an organized manner.
10. Prepare, deliver, and post owner information notices.
11. Write and present regular maintenance update reports for monthly Board meetings.
12. Maintain EBHCA OM email account.
Why Work Here?We are a growing community association management company, with communities all along the Puget Sound area and offices in Lacey and Renton, WA.
Awesome team, family environment, great benefits and lots of room for growth!