Customer Service Representative (Remote)
VIPdesk Connect Chattanooga, TN
- Expired: May 13, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Customer Service Representative, we call Brand Ambassador, provides customer service and Tier 1 technical support with a friendly, human tone for a variety of consumer electronics brands and products and is responsible for problem resolution with a focus on creating customer loyalty and providing a positive customer experience. The Customer Service Representative uses both passion and knowledge of the products to ensure an authentic and personal experience that promotes brand loyalty. The Customer Service Representative troubleshoots and resolves customer issues, taking ownership of the issues, and following through to solve problems while exercising patience and willingness to resolve simple and complex inquiries with positive energy.
The Customer Service Representative also provides general customer service including order placement, order tracking, warranty returns, and product advice, and answers customer questions about product features and availability, client policies, and promotions on behalf of our clients.
This position is perfect for a problem-solver with customer service experience, a love for consumer electronics, and a desire to help others. Our training will provide in-depth knowledge of the products and programs; you bring your love for technology and go-getter attitude. Excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and the desire to help others are a must.
VIPdesk Connect is a growing outsourced customer care business (BPO) with team members working remotely in over 35 states. Brands who place the customer experience at the center of their business choose to work with us; we are honored to be the customer service partner of choice for several of the world’s iconic brands.
No matter how leading edge our technology is, it will never replace the power of the one-to-one human connections we build. We are dedicated to building a culture of care for our team. We are on a mission to elevate the human experience and seeking team members who embrace our company values—Transparent, Helpful, Creative, Flexible, and Positive Energy.
Qualities of Brand Ambassadors:
Dynamic Communicators –With the voice of our clients, team members provide responsive, accurate, and authentic interactions. While resolving technical issues, they listen and simplify the complex, breaking down to make understandable to those less tech savvy.
Knowledgeable –Brand Ambassadors are constantly working on improving skills. When new products are released, they enthusiastically learn how to support new features, functions, and integrations to confidently resolve customer issues. No matter what the issue, no matter how complex, they are problem solvers who welcome and lean into challenges.
Human – Brand Ambassadors know how a message is conveyed is equally important as what is said. By putting themselves in another’s shoes, they focus on the customer’s experience and connect, human-to-human.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Handle customer inquiries via all channels (phone, email, chat, SMS), providing appropriate solutions in a timely manner that is representative of the brand’s culture and customer base
- Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze information, provide accurate remote troubleshooting of products and related support; diagnose and resolve issues following best practices, guidelines, and policies
- Escalate critical issues following appropriate policies and procedures
- Retain and convey deep knowledge and benefits of products and troubleshooting techniques to continually provide effective support
- Accurately document customer interaction details with limited errors
- Embrace the commitment to customer service and nourish brand loyalty
- Attend meetings and trainings as required to obtain new and pertinent information about clients and their products and services
- Meet or exceed program metrics including quality and customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Degree or equivalent required; Associate degree or some college preferred
- 1+ years customer service experience, experience in a virtual contact center a plus
- 6 months+ relevant experience in post-sales technical support
- Knowledge of basic troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications including Teams
- Able to type at least 35 words per minute with minimal errors
- Technically savvy with the ability to pick up new technology, processes, and procedures quickly
- Experience working with Bright Pattern or Zendesk (or a comparable customer service ticketing system) preferred
- Basic user knowledge of audio/wireless microphone systems, headsets, audio devices, and gaming systems a plus
- Ability to adapt and respond to a diverse customer base with varying skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Due to the home-based nature of this job, the Brand Ambassador is required to have a secure home-office environment, internet access, USB headset, webcam, router, modem, and a computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect policies and maintenance requirements, including system upgrades as applicable, which may change over time
- Able to provide a work-at-home environment that is ergonomically sound, conducive to taking customer calls, quiet, and free from distraction
- Able to work weekends and some holidays
- Able to successfully pass a credit, criminal and employment reference security checks where permissible by state and local regulation
- Currently reside in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Wisconsin
VIPdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.