New Unit Construction Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Description Hybrid remote
Summary Description: This position is responsible for overseeing New Unit construction which consists of managing each project’s progress during the life of the project while staying within the approved budget. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Collaborates with leadership on defining project requirements to include scope of work, project delivery requirements, work plan schedule, and cost estimates. Negotiates contracts and proposals for consultants and vendors.
· Manages New Unit construction activities to deliver New Units within the identified and approved budget, as well as the standard Process Steps and Project timeline. Constantly monitors market trends and identifies impact of market changes on New Unit completion goals.
· Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk). New Unit projects include planning, design, construction, occupancy, and closeout.
· Interfaces directly with Real Estate to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work and project delivery resource requirements. Manages cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
· Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists of consultants or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard request for proposals; Initiates contact with consultants.
· Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
· Facilitates project meetings and keeps clients and project resources informed by implementing a communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes.
· Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements. Ensures project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely, and properly aligned.
· Monitors progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, and approved timelines. Reports status and variances to Leadership. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget, and schedule.
· Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests with field team to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality, and risk.
· Inspires and coaches team members to attain goals and pursue excellence.
· Maintains constant communication regarding Project status through interaction of the Project Management Office (PMO) Team, the General Contractor, Company Departments and outside vendors and material suppliers.
· Monitors commodity pricing and identifies impact of market price changes on New Unit costs.
· Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
· Participates in the review of Developer and/or City comments and works with the Real Estate Segment Team to identify and implement corrective responses to adequately address the comments.
· Reviews all consultant plans, including but not limited to utility, photometric, landscape, signage, Easements with Covenants and Restrictions, covenants, conditions, and restrictions and Development plans. Collaborates with internal resources and external consultants, including the General Contractor, as necessary to obtain the building permit for the Project.
· Interacts with Enterprise Business Services and Supply Chain Solutions for the procurement and delivery timing of equipment required in new facilities.
· Encourages others and engages in conflict resolution both externally and internally in a professional and friendly manner.
· Negotiates and understands the art of negotiating contracts and proposals for consultants and vendors.
· Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Management from a College or University in a technical area of study or equivalent work experience required
· 4+ years’ construction experience/and or training required
· 7+ years’ experience preferably in restaurant industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Visio (as applicable)
· Proficiency in JD Edwards (as applicable)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated organizational, quantitative, and analytical skills
· Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers
· Ability to communicate, influence, and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff
· Advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles
· Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions
· Ability to conduct advanced financial analysis
· Ability to read and understand agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys, and architectural drawings.
· Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents
· Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations
· Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction and bidding practices
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Advanced professional or theoretical knowledge and functional concepts, practices, and procedures of a field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
· Advanced understanding of departmental structure and policies with a basic understanding of the structure and policies
· Advanced understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
· Advanced ability to delegates projects and get work done through others
· Intermediate understanding of performance review process
· Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, manager, and direct reports with sufficient notice and preparation
· Project Management Professional (PMP) and LEED AP certification or equivalent preferred
· Licensed registered Architect and/or similar design preferred
8610 Broadway San antonio texas 78217San Antonio, TX