POSITION SUMMARY: In a Residential Treatment facility under the direction of the Registered Nurse,
provides holistic, quality, safe, cost effective nursing care that promotes
recovery, safety, health and wellness.
POSITION TITLE: LPN
POSITION REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager
- Demonstrate understanding of OASAS 820 regulations.
- Able to provide nursing care to patients in the 3 elements of Residential Redesign known as Stabilization, Rehabilitation & Reintegration.
- Reviews patient medical record and confirms consent for treatment has been completed and signed.
- Able to complete required documentation on assigned patients adhering to department policy & procedure.
- Understands and complies with regulatory agency mandates
- Review, track and follow-up with pharmacy on patient prescriptions.
- Review medications and prescriptions obtained by patients, and ensures accurate documentation on the Medication Administration Record (MAR) and/or controlled substance records.
- Demonstrates understanding of the medication process
- Observes patients for medication side effects; adverse reactions and immediately notifies the appropriate staff.
- Observes and reports sudden or subtle changes in patient behavior to the RN, NP/MD, and Program Director.
- Provides health teaching
- Documents and gives report to the on-coming shift
- Responsible for confirming the controlled substance count is correct, and documented on the “End of Shift Record of Controlled Substances.”
- Participates in quality improvement projects
- Attends case conferences
- Maintains good working relationships with all employees.
- All other duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager
- Will be required to work every other weekend and some holidays
-Current NYS LPN License
-Minimal 3 years’ experience working inpatient or outpatient detox/rehab, residential treatment
-Current Infection Control Certificate
-Current BCLS completion card
-Excellent written and oral communication skills.