POSITION TITLE: Counselor
REPORTS TO: Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Supervisor provides the development and management of coordinated counseling services to ensure optimum services are provided to clients.
· Provide clinical counseling services to assigned clients including initial assessment, treatment plan and discharge planning in accordance with departmental procedure and regulatory requirements.
· Participate in comprehensive interdisciplinary team treatment planning and activities as indicated or scheduled.
· Collaborate with other disciplines, and coworkers as needed in order to ensure client needs are met.
· Assist in the enforcement of program rules and regulations.
· Plan and manage the dissemination of program schedules and other information relative to events and activities.
· Monitor the collection of urine specimens and toxicology results.
· Manage telephone inquiries and provide program information, including information on alternative providers.
· Maintain up to date database of referral information and resources.
· Refer applicants to alternative services (e.g. Detoxification Units, Rehab Programs, etc.) as needed.
· Certified Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
· Minimum of 3 years experience working in the social services field.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
· Knowledge of computer programs.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to read, write and speak the Spanish language preferred.