POSITION TITLE: Clinical Counselor
REPORTS TO: Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Supervisor provides the development and management of coordinated counseling services to ensure optimum services are provided to clients.
A. Provide Counsel to Assigned Clients.
· Provide clinical counseling services to assigned clients including initial assessment, treatment plan and discharge planning in accordance with departmental procedure and regulatory requirements.
· Participate in comprehensive interdisciplinary team treatment planning and activities as indicated or scheduled.
· Collaborate with other disciplines, and coworkers as needed in order to ensure client needs are met.
· Assist in the enforcement of program rules and regulations.
· Plan and manage the dissemination of program schedules and other information relative to events and activities.
· Monitor the collection of urine specimens and toxicology results.
· Manage telephone inquiries and provide program information, including information on alternative providers.
· Maintain up to date database of referral information and resources.
· Refer applicants to alternative services (e.g. Detoxification Units, Rehab Programs, etc.) as needed.
· Perform all required documentation and data entry for assigned clients.
· Maintain good working relationships with all staff, clients and visitors
· Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
· Certified Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
· Minimum of 3 years experience working in the social services field.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
· Knowledge of computer programs.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to read, write and speak the Spanish language preferred.