Dispatcher/Traffic Operations Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Cofiroute USA is an American Company which is owned by VINCI, a global leader in highway development, tolling, operations, and consulting. We strive to provide advanced tolling and mobility services and solutions to the transportation industry. Our mission is to help our customers achieve all electronic toll collection, traffic operations and customer service excellence through world‐class operations management and strategic consulting services and innovative software solutions. Cofiroute provides Pay By Mail processing, collections, and customer services on five motorways and expressways.
We focus on maintaining a positive quality of life and work balance for our employees. Our ultimate goal is to provide such an environment in which you will enjoy coming into work daily! We recognize talent, effort and dedication and we reward these distinctive qualities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The order of the duties listed does not represent the importance and/or percent of time dedicated to each duty.
- Perform a system check per different work stations to verify all video surveillance system cameras are working, as well as toll collection systems
- Constantly check the video monitors to verify and locate vehicle accidents, mechanical breakdowns or dangerous debris in the lanes which could disrupt traffic flow and/or endanger commuters
- Monitor the safety and security of CAS and CHP officers as they provide roadside assistance or other required duties
- Perform dispatch duties and maintain a 24-hour log which chronicles all calls handled by CAS, including start and end times and type of service provided
- Hourly checks of different work stations to confirm all VSS cameras and toll collections systems are working and to report failing or failed systems to ETTM and coordinate with them for their repair
- Record traffic accidents/major incidents as requested, onto DVD’s
- Prepare monthly reports related to events occurring in the 91 Express Lanes and CAS response times
- Performing other required functions associated with the above listed duties, as well as performing the minimum required number of Initial Image ReviewsQUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong Data entry skills
- Must be able to organize and write correspondence and memos in a logical/methodical manner
- Must have strong language and writing skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Enjoy providing prompt and timely service to our clients
- Ability to read and comprehend normal instructions, correspondence and memos
- Must have clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Excellent computer skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office program, working knowledge of the Windows computer operating system and experience with other PC-based applications
- Ability to accurately prepare reports and log roadway incidents or other events
- Accurately relay details in a clear and concise manner, whether on the telephone or the radio in what can be a stressful environment
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and communicate with coworkers and supervisors
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, follow established company procedures and exercise good judgment
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the job and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use the computer for an extended period of time, use a keyboard for typing, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Cofiroute USA believes in work-life balance. We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to help our employees meet their responsibilities at home and at work, and to improve their quality of life. Depending on your employment status you may be eligible for all or some of the benefits offered.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance after 30 days of employment
- Company paid Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with company matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Powered by JazzHR
VINCI Highways Mobility Solutions (VHMS)
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at VINCI Highways Mobility Solutions (VHMS)