Life Skills Coach for Adults w/IDD
VILLAGE OF MERICI Indianapolis, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Life Skills Coach Positions available - full and part-time needed - weekends and nights shifts Needed
Job Description: Working with people to achieve their best life! Supporting and guiding adults with disabilities to live as independently as possible. Provides and supports clients with “hands-on” personal care assistance. Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the client. Assists the client in the acquisition, improvement and retention of skills necessary to support the individual to live successfully in their own home and/or the community. Assists and trains clients and/or client families in activities of daily living. Provides supports as needed in accordance with the Individual Support Plan (ISP) & Behavior Support Plan (BSP). May provide respite care.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists client with personal care including: mobility and transfers; bathing, shaving, grooming, oral hygiene and personal hygiene; toileting and elimination; dressing; feeding and monitoring of nutritional intake
· Assistance with meal planning, preparation and clean-up
· Awareness of and active in the development and implementation of ISP and Behavior Support Plans
· Maintaining a safe environment for the client
· Medication reminders, and/or assistance
· Assistance with shopping and errands
· Takes client into community and to outside activities to foster integration into the community and promote development of skills and independence of client in accordance with ISP, including: self-care; sensory-motor development; socialization; daily living skills; communication; community living; and social skills
· Assist client with education, training or application of skills for employment or volunteer opportunities
· Assistance with chores and leisure activities
· Assistance with transportation
· Assistance with correspondence and bill paying
· Homemaker activities to assist the client to remain in a safe, clean and healthy home environment
· Other duties and responsibilities as needed
· Must be at least 18 years old,
· Must demonstrate the ability to communicate adequately in order to a) complete required forms and reports of visits and b) follow oral or written instructions,
· Must demonstrate the ability to provide services according to an individual’s ISP,
· Must demonstrate willingness to accept supervision,
· Must demonstrate an interest in and empathy for individuals,
· Must have a negative TB screening prior to delivering services and updated as required,
· Must have CPR certification and be updated at least every two (2) years,
· Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto insurance if transporting clients and/or driving on company business,
· Must satisfy criminal history background requirements,
· Must be able to satisfy physical requirements of job, including the ability to lift at least 40 pounds
· Must have a smartphone or tablet with wifi for email and notewriting.
Reports to: Lead Coach and/or Executive Director
VILLAGE OF MERICIWhy Work Here?
Great community of people to work with and a great Company that cares about their employees as much as the people we support.
One of a kind Service Provider with a wonderful team of dedicated coaches that support adults with disabilities.
5707 Lawton Loop East DriveIndianapolis, IN
Personal CareView all jobs at VILLAGE OF MERICI