Information Security Intern
- Posted: over a month ago
- $35,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical,
Information Security Intern Job Description
We are hiring an information security Intern to work and learn in our growing IT Security team. The opportunity will entail monitoring our managed services customers' security environment or security issues, install security software, assist end users and our service desk team and document any security issues or breaches you find. You will have the chance to work with the newest technologies that are in a security-focused enterprise. To do well in this role you should have a passion for security and be eager to learn.
Information Security Intern Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Information Security Manager on implementing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Take on the service desk tickets
- Managing of assets
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, with a primary focus on firewalls.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with the security team to analyze metrics to uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Perform auditing and configure systems to stay ISO27001 or CMMC compliant
- Participate in being on call for production support 24x7 for our global customers.
Information Security Intern Qualifications:
- Strong Customer service skills to deliver quality results in a demanding environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent detailed and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to learn new concepts, hardware, and technologies
- Ability to perform and deliver under pressure and stressful situations
- Strong organizational skills to structure and manage tasks from initiation to completion
- Prospective candidates should be comfortable presenting to audiences of varying sizes and skillsets
- Proficient in preparation of reports and documentation
- 0-2+ yrs. Experience in information security or related field.
- Knowledge of Networking (Network+, CCNA)
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
Highly desired certifications and field knowledge:
- Certifications such as Security+, GIAC, ISASCA or ISC2 are strongly preferred
- Relevant experience with information security, control standards, and frameworks such as PCI DSS, ISO27001, SOC1/2, NIST 800-53 and/or CMMC.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, applications, and Active Directory are a plus
- Intermediate scripting abilities (Python, PowerShell, bash, or comparable methods for process improvement and efficiency)
You’re at a pivotal point in your business. You know that the way forward is through technology reshaping what you do, but you can’t get from here to there on your own. At Villa-Tech, we leverage our extensive experience to imagine, develop, manage and deliver technology solutions that advance your business. Your work can be better, smarter, and easier. We can guide you there.
Users love our innovative solutions
Our people collaborate with clients through an agile process and create the right solution that users embrace. That’s why many companies around the country choose to work with Villa-Tech.
2020 Calamos Ct.Naperville, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?