Senior Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Be part of the future of healthcare information technology.
Our client is a leading provider of innovative revenue cycle and compliance software that is changing the business of healthcare. If you like to work with technology that makes healthcare more effective, this might be the place for you.
This position is remote (work from home). Candidates should live within 100 miles of Chicago for periodic in-person meetings. Occasional travel to clients (about 3 days/month on average) may be required.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager with the experience and skills to manage multiple concurrent projects, including the implementation of our applications and internal technical projects. The candidate will work to ensure that tasks are completed on schedule, within budget, and in a high-quality manner. You will provide typical project management documentation and will continually seek opportunities for process improvement.
In this highly visible role, you will interact with individuals internally and externally, at all levels of the organization. As one of the companys primary customer-facing representatives, you will help maintain strong client satisfaction, including by helping to train clients and to provide post-live support.
Candidates must be self-starting, organized, detail-oriented, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This position offers enormous opportunities for the right candidate, including wide exposure to business processes and innovative technology, a stimulating environment, and great benefits.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, including implementation of our solutions for clients and internal technical projects.
- Lead the entire project from inception to delivery, including planning, implementation, systems integration, testing, training, and initial support.
- Meet project schedules, scope, budgets, and standards. Identify risks and notify stakeholders as appropriate.
- Develop project documentation, such as project plans, agendas, minutes, issue lists, and status reports.
- Gather high-level customer business needs and translate them into functional requirements, test cases, workflow diagrams, and other forms of documentation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and internal project teams.
- Provide subject-matter expertise, training, and support to clients and internal teams.
- Analyze project successes and failures to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Update project processes and artifacts to incorporate lessons learned.
- BA or equivalent.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with a large healthcare provider, with 2+ years of hands-on, application-related project management.
- Experience leading multiple simultaneous projects successfully, meeting scope, schedule, and budget.
- Deep knowledge of revenue cycle management, patient financial services, payer audits and denials, coding, and related hospital systems.
- Experience as the manager of applications for PFS, compliance, HIM, or a related healthcare field is highly desirable.
- Experience with software development and SLDC.
- Expertise with project management tools & techniques, including PM software.
- Experience documenting processes, user stories, requirement documents, functional specifications, test cases, and technical reports and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills using tools such as Excel, Access, or SQL and experience preparing business and technical analyses.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication; experience presenting to a senior executive-level audience.
- Experience gathering project metrics to monitor performance and to drive continuous process improvement.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, collaborative, virtual environment.
- Preferred: Masters or advanced degree; experience training users; PMI or ScrumMaster (CSM) certification.
Our client is committed to creating a supportive environment for their team. They offer a competitive salary and generous benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company contribution, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance programs, short-term and long-term disability, life, AD&D, and travel insurance.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Information you provide will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Only candidates authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship should apply.
TechnologyView all jobs at VIEWS