WE BRING THE "WOW"!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A "WOW" MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world - think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement - and every detail in between - we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
Wow I Didn't Know GES Did That: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mh6q13ji8Hw
Life at GES U.S.
The Sales Manager will identify, qualify and close business opportunities from all markets for the Company's product and services. Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales and revenue. Identify and implement objectives, strategies and action plans to identify and close short and long-term sales opportunities. The Sales Manager will work in partnership with the Operations team to achieve Company revenue and profit goals, objectives and delivery of customer service while maintaining long term relationships with clients, accounts and organizations.Responsible for securing Trade Show / exposition sales and services tailored exclusively to the trade show and event industry.
- Represents GES to Show Management, Association, Executives, Exhibitors and Convention Managers
- Develop relationships with Convention Bureau Staff, Hotels and Conference Centers and subcontractors to generate leads and position GES as a trusted partner
- Prospects for new business by developing targeted solicitation plans for key accounts including any and all potential meeting venues, hotels associations and corporations with trade show events.
- Individually identifies opportunities for cross-selling with other GES lines of business, such as audio-visual and event accommodations
- Works with GES Account Managers and Sales Managers to coordinate with others within GES for all Phases of pre-show, on site and post show project management.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow up activities within the Salesforce.com (CRM).
- Maintains open and ongoing communication with clients to ensure their needs/expectations are consistently met or exceeded on schedule.
- Creates and conducts GES Capabilities presentations
- Prepares RFP responses
- Develops creative proposals and presentation materials including, floor plans, rate sheets, artistic renderings, etc. for presentation to current and potential clients.
- Negotiates and prepares contracts to secure new business and retain existing business
- Proactively provides information to clients to assist in securing future business.
- Attend, participate and maintain, memberships in local and national industry events and organizations to provide maximum exposure for the Company; and meet face to face with clients
- Maintains current knowledge of the Tradeshow Industry and our competitors.
- Develops revenue summaries of new GES tradeshows and communicates forecast with GES finance team
- Assist and fills in for Account Manager when necessary.
- Transitions new employees to the GES culture and workforce
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes (CORE Values)
- Account size and revenue volume
- Individual Volume - Normally $500 thousand or more
- Sells to smaller accounts ($500 thousand or less)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel/Business Administration, related field or comparable experience
- Three (3+) years consultative Sales/Production experience in the Convention Services Industry preferred
- Exhibition Industry experience a plus
- Experience developing targeted solicitation plans to secure key accounts
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Dynamic, consultative and influential sales communications style
- Results oriented individual with proven sales success
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing short-term and long term vision and strategy to achieve targeted sales objectives in a fast paced environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Professional attire-Business professional and Business Casual
- Ability to negotiate sales contracts
- Able to problem solve in a positive and creative manner that serves both GES and Client needs
- Ability to courageously fire ahead and self-navigate through a large company to explore and consult with many professionals to develop custom client solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and events at various stages of development
- Effective interpersonal skills. The ability to develop outstanding relationships with clients and internal team members at all levels of the company.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Moderate travel required - up to 35%
- Available to work nights, weekends, and at event locations
- Require a flexible work schedule as events occasionally run on weekends and evenings
- Work will be required in both an office and show floor setting.
- Show Floor conditions can include a somewhat crowded or noisy area where there may be mild discomfort due to temperature, dust or other conditions
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
Job ID # (iCIMS): 2019-13785
External Company Name: VIAD Corp.
External Company URL: http://www.viad.com/
Street: 1330 Braddock Place