Supplier Quality Engineer (Body in White))
- Posted: over a month ago
VIA Motors is a core team of specialists, engineers, and innovators. With a passion for sustainability and a drive to innovate, we are transforming commercial fleet and last-mile delivery and in doing so, changing the world along the way.
Our fully electric commercial vehicles are tailored to unique fleet needs. Each vehicle is optimized to its route, saving money and making the world more livable for all. Clean air. Quiet Neighborhoods. Less congested roads.
VIA Motors is looking for a highly experience, senior Supplier Quality Engineer / Leader to drive and ensure quality excellence at key suppliers for VIA’s electrified components.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline (System, Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Mechatronics, etc) and / or Supplier Quality / Purchasing / Supply Chain Management.
- Deep experience in automotive supplier quality, is a strong asset.
- 5+ years of experience with OEM (Automotive) or Tier 1 Supplier Quality or Commodity Management positions.
- Electric (EV) and Hybrid-Electric vehicle (HEV, PHEV) systems development experience a strong asset
- Lead the Supplier development process
- Conduct on site Supplier assessments and follow up. Plan to spend significant time at supplier facilities.
- Lead the Supplier APQP, PPAP, Run at Rate activities and ensure Supplier compliance to all quality requirements.
- Drive Supplier Problem Resolution
- Develop and work to improve internal VIA Motors Supplier Quality systems
- Lead quality requirements development for RFPs; Actively support the full RFP development process (lead by engineering and purchasing)
- Provide input into supplier bid list for each component/subsystem and qualify suppliers ahead of RFP availability. This may include activities such as onsite supplier assessments and gathering of supplier performance and cost data.
- Actively support VIA’s commercial team through the prototype and production sourcing process (VDP timing and program discipline requires prototype and production sourcing to be coordinated/same supplier and this sourcing activity will take place during the prototype phase of the program).
- Work in collaboration with VIA Motors Engineering in decision criteria ratings and supplier selection.
- Actively support and participate in Supplier Technical reviews
- Strong ability to work in a leveraged, multi-company Vehicle Development Process
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with dynamic, quick paced work environment
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills – comfortable with both theoretical and practical issues
- Able to prioritize tasks effectively and to communicate roadblocks promptly to management within a fast-paced environment where project / team priorities may shift
- A curious person who stays abreast of the latest techniques and technologies
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
- This role is expected to be located in SE Michigan; with the ability and willingness to travel within US and Internationally as required to interact with partners and suppliers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Required to be able to read documents and computer screens.
- Ability to work in supplier facility (tooling and product lines) and vehicle assembly plant.
- Comfortable around production lines, tooling and equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Min 5 Plus years’ experience in Automotive Supplier Quality
- Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents
- Healthcare, dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
VIA Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status to all.
VIA Motors Participates in E-Verify
VIA Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VIA Motors employees or any other organization location. VIA Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
AddressAuburn Hills, MI
ManufacturingView all jobs at VIA Motors