Visually Impaired Advancement (VIA) formerly known as Olmsted Center for Sight (OCS) is seeking a full time clinic Operations Assistant. Under the Vice President of Vision Rehabilitation, this position is responsible for the for the daily operations of the Low Vision Clinic, including the direct support of the low vision Optometrist.
- Oversee the daily operations of the clinic including scheduling, appointment flow, data intake, insurance processing, inventory and customer service.
- Develop scheduling strategies to ensure clients obtain timely appointments based upon level of urgency. Notify supervisor if wait time exceeds our ability to meet clients’ and/or referring providers’ needs.
- Monitor the demand for appointments at satellite locations and regularly review the need for adjustments with Dept Head.
- Monitor cancellation rates and adjust scheduling practices to ensure productive use of staff time.
- Provide coverage for front desk during scheduled and unscheduled staff absences to ensure all essential clinical functions are completed
- Proactively address any potential issues that may affect the efficient and productive operations of the clinic.
- Ensure all required demographic, insurance, eye care provider and patient intake data is collected and entered into the appropriate system(s). Routinely assess completeness and accuracy of data.
- Act as primary liaison with billing company (AMS) ensuring timely transfer and receipt of accurate information.
- Maintain knowledge of current third-party insurance and NYSCB required authorizations and process clients accordingly.
- Monitor client accounts to ensure payments are up to date prior to scheduling additional appointments.
- Primary liaison for STI and handle software related issues. Obtain additional assistance from appropriate staffing when needed (Dept Head/IT).
- Establish process with VIA Finance Department to reconcile the financial accounting of daily clinic operations
- Ensure appropriate level of inventory is maintained to meet client and provider needs including all optical devices and necessary supplies. Adjust par levels as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of current NYSCB contract processes related to the provision of LV services and devices.
- Process all (vision related) NYSCB authorizations, in accordance with established guidelines
- Work with LV Optometrist to establish optimal client flow and office logistics. Provide support as needed to maximize efficiencies and quality of care to clients including any pre-screening requested by the Optometrist.
- Demonstrate, dispense and instruct clients in the purpose and use of recommended devices.
- Utilize and track alternate funding resources when NYSCB/insurance funds are not available
- Generate, review and understand reports from both internal and external systems on a regular basis.
- Remain knowledgeable about all VIA vision services and other community services related to vision rehabilitation; provide information to inquiring individuals and doctors in an effort to ensure potential clients obtain the services they need.
- Establish and maintain relationships with area eye care providers and their office staff to ensure VIA is meeting the needs of their patients.
- Review client data by referring eye care provider on a regular basis and work with Department Head to develop an annual growth plan and schedule for outreach to eye care providers.
- Conduct outreach to eye care provider offices per annual plan with the goals of: educating providers and office staff of VIA services and the types of patients we can assist with; learning what type of patient information or collateral material about VIA services would be best to assist them in educating their patients of our services;
- learning how we can streamline the client referral process.
- Actively promote VIA services and mission and participate in clinic and agency projects, marketing, outreach, community vision screenings, etc.
- Demonstrate patience, flexibility, and detail orientation in the completion of duties
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and internet-based systems
- Strong keyboarding and MS Windows operations skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively communicate with all clients, venders, associates and Leadership
- Effectively work with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Achieve results independently and work well with others
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation required OR ability to travel locally
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma/equivalent required
- Previous successful work experience in medical, customer service field required
TO APPLY please click on the link below:
VIA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.
VIA, Visually Impaired Advancement