Marketing Graphic Designer
If you’re a graphic designer ready to create compelling designs within an existing brand, VHB’s Mid-Atlantic Marketing Team has the role for you. We’re looking for a motivated graphic designer who thinks strategically, thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys visually communicating messages in an impactful and engaging way, and wants to help move VHB forward with high-level marketing experiences!
The role will focus on providing graphic design for proposals, presentations, marketing collateral (think brochures, handouts, e-blasts), and reports for our seven Mid-Atlantic offices across DC, Virginia, and North Carolina. The graphic designer will also work with our corporate graphic design team to learn brand standards and best practices.
Our Mid-Atlantic Region includes offices in Washington, DC; Tysons, Richmond, Williamsburg, and Virginia Beach, VA; and Raleigh and Charlotte, NC. The position can be based in any of our offices—please specify your preferred location in your cover letter.
VHB’s passionate professionals include marketers, engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients to deliver planning, engineering, survey, and environmental science projects that positively impact our communities. Come find out why Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) named VHB its national Employer of the Year in 2018!
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Is passionate about design and able to communicate what good design is
- Is articulate, personable, and energetic
- Is excited about being part of a team
- Works collaboratively with diverse teams (including marketers and technical staff as well as graphic designers spread out across the East Coast)
- Thinks critically and strategically about how to solve design problems
- Loves typography, grids, infographics, color, and paragraph styles
- Appreciates and uses good templates for dynamic page layout
- Asks good questions to get at the heart of a problem
- Takes initiative
- Is comfortable balancing multiple assignments
- Has strong time management skills
- Has a good eye for detail
- BFA in Graphic Design or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in Adobe Creative Suite for print, web, and presentation graphics
- Strong Microsoft Word and PowerPoint experience
- Photography skills are a plus.
- Experience in specialized design software (for example, SketchUp) is a plus.
Please submit your application online; a portfolio is required to be considered for this position.