Business to Business Sales/Customer Service
Technical competency regarding industrial components, engineering specifications, and mechanical concepts required for this Business Development Specialist job in Birmingham, AL.
· Process incoming customer quotes, orders, and inquiries in an accurate and timely manner
· Communicate in clear and professional manner to help solve customer problems via telephone, email, in-person or fax
· Understand and ensure the daily work is according to established procedures, policies, and guidelines
· Review all incoming transactions and assess our ability to fulfill the requirements of the customer requests (e.g. project specifications, quality requirements, government acquisition regulations, purchase order terms and conditions, etc.)
· Technical competency regarding company products, services, and applications
· Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process
· Interact and coordinate with corporate office/factory and sales consultants on customer’s behalf
· Manage time effectively and participate in projects outside Business Development department
· Monitor quote and order delivery schedules to ensure compliance with corporate and local fulfillment strategies
· Review and process product returns for customers
· Utilize CRM for documentation and record retention
· Direct requests and elevate unresolved issues to the proper resource
· Understand company initiatives and strategic efforts
· Customer Focus: Keeps current on best practices and trends in customer service and is compliant with internal best practices and standards
· Oral Communication: Delivers clear, articulate, and concise messages. Addresses misunderstandings or issues requiring clarification when speaking to others by restating information in a different manner.
· Written Communication: Written communication (emails, memos, etc.) are easily understood. Written clearly and correctly with proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar
· Interpersonal Skills: Takes time to actively listen, observe, ask questions and provide assistance to others when needed.
· Collaboration: Willingly and openly shares information with others in a timely manner; readily offers support for others whenever possible. Builds relationships with colleagues and works cooperatively with others in alignment with team/company objectives.