VETRO FiberMap is seeking a DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer to bring their experience to a young, growing team producing an industry-leading, cloud-based geospatial mapping platform. The platform is VETRO FiberMap, a GIS mapping solution transforming the way broadband providers plan, design and operate their local and global networks. To date, VETRO FiberMap has been adopted by organizations deploying fiber optic networks all around the United States and in over a dozen other countries.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer that will help our team establish DevOps practice. You will work closely with the COO and the Directors of Application and Platform Engineering to enhance identify and establish DevOps practices in the company.
- Work with the Directors of Application and Platform Engineering to build software releases and test new code
- Automate the development, testing, and integration of software releases for VETRO's advanced mapping and data visualization capabilities
- Manage the software development environments used by software engineers to be sure they are up to date and stable
- Monitor the platform's health and security once the updates are deployed
- Assist with developing new application architecture
What you should bring:
- Experience applying DevOps principles to a growing, cloud-based platform and business
- An understanding of the value that build and test automation brings to a development team's efficiency and reliability and are passionate about applying these techniques to your projects
- Experience scaling applications within AWS
- Demonstrated proficiency in Linux
- Command of relational and nosql databases
- Strong understanding of GitHub workflows
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
A big plus:
- Proficiency PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Experience in Node.js and Python
- Experience with geospatial technologies and libraries
- Experience with front end frameworks such as Vue and Angular
- Experience in a growing SaaS startup environment with a can-do attitude.
The VETRO FiberMap office is in the heart of downtown Portland, Maine in Monument square. We maintain a casual office environment in an open concept layout with a bottomless stash of local Coffee by Design coffee, snacks. The team participates in local tech meetups and the startup community, social activities & events, and more... we encourage a work life balance that includes personal and professional development and community engagement.
Portland may be a small city, but technology (and other) employment opportunities are plentiful in a thriving and growing segment of the local economy. More on the city and the area can be found here: http://www.liveandworkinmaine.com
Compensation based on experience. Full benefits package.