This position is based in our Portland, Maine office.
VETRO FiberMap is a cloud based Fiber Management Platform used by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and telecommunications network owners and operators globally. It is a Geographic Information System (GIS) based network design and documentation platform managing the physical network assets, known as outside plant, along with fiber connectivity details down to each fiber strand and splice. As such it is a highly technical application that is critical to our customers’ business operations. Our sales team is growing and in need of a sales support, research, data management, and lead engagement and qualification role.
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for a wide variety of inside sales and marketing support activities for our SaaS software firm in downtown Portland, Maine. This position reports to the Director of Business Development, and works directly with the Sales and Marketing team. Ingenuity, enthusiasm and strategic thinking, an eye for detail, quick learning, prioritization and self-organization are important to this role.
The ideal candidate has at least 2-5 years of direct sales, sales support, or customer service experience, and is interested in using their strong technical software and writing skills to help with the following Sales tasks, including:
- UNDERSTAND: Work with all departments internally to become a product expert
- QUALIFY: Ask probing questions to understand prospects' business challenges and lead value-based conversations uncovering answers to key questions surrounding needs, metrics of success, budget, etc. Serve as initial qualifying point of contact for inbound web and demo inquiries, with timely and situation-appropriate follow up.
- EDUCATE: Educate prospects about the VETRO FiberMap platform, and clearly communicate the product value to their organization.
- DOCUMENT: Document all leads, prospects, and inquiries in CRM. Curation, research, and data entry to maintain a high-functioning, high-quality CRM database.
- SUPPORT: Support Sales team efforts during trade shows and client visits as needed, including delivering technical pre-sales product demonstrations
- PROPOSE: Generating templated proposals or other business development materials
- SCHEDULE: Formulate targeted, in-person demos and prospective client visits in selected cities/markets in consultation with the Ownership Team
In addition, the candidate will assist with the following marketing tasks:
- Funnel Building Research - monitoring news in the market
- CRM Database Management and Curation
- Direct Mail and other campaign support
- Work with marketing team to author and co-create marketing content/copy as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience; SaaS experience a plus
- Experience in conducting technical software demonstrations
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Phone skills are a must – if you have “phone fear” this position is not a good fit, as our team often communicates complex information over the phone and via video conference tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direction on multiple tasks concurrently
- Flexibility and adaptability, with an eye for new technologies – rapid uptake/learning
- Proficiency with GSuite and all basic office software; ability to learn new apps quickly
- Experience with CRM and Support platforms, i.e. ZenDesk
- Experience in customer service, help desk or sales support in a software context
- This is a full time salaried position with competitive compensation based on experience. VETRO FiberMap offers a quality total benefits package and a collaborative, creative and flexible work environment. The position is in Portland, Maine but will consider remote for the right candidate - please specify when applying if remote.
Why Work Here?VETRO FiberMap is a rapidly growing software development company building a fiber network mapping and management platform. Our team is nimble, bright, and dedicated, and recognizes that work/life balance is as much a driver of success as setting goals, working hard and focusing on a unified vision. We offer the dynamic environment of a startup with the stability of an established firm; our standard benefits package includes the necessities – competitive salaries, health, dental, vision and generous paid time off – as well as 401k employer match, disability, professional development and educational stipends.
Competitive pay, collaborative work environment with great culture, downtown location and career building opportunities.