VETRO FiberMap is looking for an Automated Quality Assurance Software Engineer to bring their experience to a young, growing team working on a geospatial mapping SaaS platform.
The platform is VETRO FiberMap, a GIS mapping solution transforming the way broadband providers plan, design, and operate their local and global networks. To date, VETRO FiberMap has been adopted by organizations deploying fiber optic networks all around the United States and in over a dozen other countries.
As a company, we are very customer oriented—it’s part of our DNA, and is manifested in the way we focus on UX/UI detail, listen to our customers, and provide strong customer support. We are an agile organization that includes everyone on the team in the agile approach and process—the developers, the UX designers, GIS Specialists, and the product owners. Everyone is involved, provides input, and works together to deliver a world class SaaS product.
Participate in the design and development for test automation and support
Design, develop and execute automation scripts
Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
Identify and report bugs to the development team
Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
What you should bring:
- Previous experience in software development, quality assurance, or other related fields
- Knowledge of Python, Node.js, or other programming languages
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development processes
- Strong root-cause analysis skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related subject
A big plus:
- Experience working with web browser automation tools such as Selenium
- Experience scaling applications within AWS
- Experience in a growing SaaS startup environment and a passion for getting the job done
The VETRO FiberMap office is in downtown Portland, Maine in Monument square. We maintain a casual office environment in an open concept layout with a bottomless stash of local Coffee by Design coffee. The team participates in local tech meetups and the startup community, social activities & events, and more... we encourage a work life balance that includes personal and professional development and community engagement.
Portland may be a small city, but technology (and other) employment opportunities are plentiful in a thriving and growing segment of the local economy. More on the city and the area can be found here: http://www.liveandworkinmaine.com
Compensation based on experience. Full benefits package.