- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $23 Yearly
The Equipment Operator roles with VES are not all encompassing of specific work tasks, perform physical labor, and are ESSENTIAL to our company efforts and success. Equipment Operators are responsible for performing installation of concrete washouts and track out pads, perform routine maintenance on assigned equipment, ensure sites are kept clean, and safely load and unloaded equipment multiple times per day. Equipment Operators must have excellent mechanical skills to inspect the equipment before and after operations to ensure safe use. Equipment Operators must follow all state and federal regulations regarding equipment and jobsite safety.
The following list of job functions is a broad representation of the type(s) of tasks, responsibilities and work performed required of Equipment Operators at Veteran Erosion Services. All activities will be performed to support the strategy, goals, mission, vision, and values of VES.
Essential Functions, and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all equipment is operated, loaded, and maintained according to policy, procedure and any federal and/or state safety regulations.
- Work with Dump Truck and Equipment Operators and/or to perform and/or assist in performing installation of concrete washouts and track out pads, load materials onto the vehicle/trailer, and transport to and from assigned locations.
- Verify all materials being transported do not exceed weight restrictions, are safely secured using chains, binders, and/or straps, and are evenly distributed.
- Maintain pre and post trip inspections according to all federal, state, and local regulations, and perform proper maintenance and cleaning of assigned equipment, including but not limited to inspecting all fluid levels, lights, and tires to ensure equipment remains clean and in working order. Report all deficiencies to shop manager, as outlined in established policy and procedure, and direct supervisor.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures and all safety and OSHA regulations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and employees at all levels.
- Ability to travel to multiple work location sites daily.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Ability to maintain cooperative and positive working relationships with teammates, customers, and leaders in the course of all work-related activities.
- Regular, timely and predictable attendance is required.
- Applicant may be subject to a criminal background check. A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed but may prevent you from being assigned to certain job sites.
- Pre-employment drug screens may be required as a condition of employment.
License and Certification Requirements:
- Completion of apprenticeship and/or on the job training are beneficial but not required.
- The candidate should be in good physical condition. Assigned work will be outdoors working alongside field personnel, climbing on and off equipment and fleet.
- Frequent activity: standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, reaching above shoulders, pushing, pulling, balancing.
- Ability to operate field equipment (backhoe, skid steer, etc.), specifically a Case 580N or equivalent backhoe and a John Deere 354G or equivalent skid steer.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments including the ability to withstand hot and cold temperatures with proper protective clothing for varying periods of time.
- Personal Protective Equipment is required onsite and while working – hard hat, safety glasses, steal toed boots, etc. Some PPE may be provided by Veteran Erosion Services.
VETERAN EROSION SERVICES LLC
AddressEl Mirage, AZ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?