Dump Truck Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
- $26 to $30 Hourly
The Dump Truck Driver and Equipment Operators roles with VES are not all encompassing of specific work tasks, perform physical labor, and are ESSENTIAL to our company efforts and success. Dump Truck Drivers are responsible for transporting construction materials, such as rocks, sand, mulch, heavy equipment, and other materials as assigned to and from assigned locations. Dump Truck Driver and Equipment Operators must have excellent mechanical skills to inspect the vehicle before and after operations. Drivers must have a clean driving record according to VES company insurance policies and be able to be insured under our commercial plans. Drivers must follow all state and federal commercial DOT laws and regulations and are subject to random drug screens.
The following list of job functions is a broad representation of the type(s) of tasks, responsibilities and work performed required of Dump Truck Driver and Equipment Operators at Veteran Erosion Services. All activities will be performed to support the strategy, goals, mission, vision, and values of VES.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Drive dump truck equipment and loaded trailers and transport and dump loose materials such as rocks, sand, mulch, and other materials as assigned.
- Work with Equipment Operators to and/or perform proper installation of concrete washouts and track out pads, load materials onto the vehicle/trailer, and transport to and from assigned locations.
- Verify all materials being transported do not exceed weight restrictions, are safely secured using chains, binders, and/or straps, and are evenly distributed.
- Maintain logs according to all federal, state, and local regulations, and perform proper maintenance and cleaning of assigned vehicle and equipment, including but not limited to inspecting all fluid levels, lights, and tires to ensure that truck and equipment are clean and in working order. Report all deficiencies to shop manager, as outlined in established policy and procedure, and direct supervisor.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures and all safety and OSHA regulations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and employees at all levels.
- Ability to travel to multiple work location sites daily.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Ability to maintain cooperative and positive working relationships with teammates, customers, and leaders in the course of all work-related activities.
- Regular, timely and predictable attendance is required.
- Applicant may be subject to a criminal background check. A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed but may prevent you from being assigned to certain job sites.
- Pre-employment drug screens may be required as a condition of employment.
License and Certification Requirements:
- Valid Commercial Class A Driver’s License and favorable driving record with reliable transportation and ability to be covered under corporate commercial insurance policies.
- Minimum one (1) years driving experience with Class A CDL, using manual transmission.
- The candidate should be in good physical condition. Assigned work will be outdoors working alongside field personnel, climbing on and off equipment and fleet.
- Frequent activity: standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, reaching above shoulders, pushing, pulling, balancing.
- Ability to operate field equipment (forklift, backhoe, skid steer, etc.)
- Ability to work in a variety of environments including the ability to withstand hot and cold temperatures with proper protective clothing for varying periods of time.
- Personal Protective Equipment is required onsite and while working – hard hat, safety glasses, steal toed boots, etc. Some PPE may be provided by Veteran Erosion Services.
This job description is not intended as and does not create an employment contract. Veteran Erosion Services maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees may be terminated for any reason, not prohibited by law. All job descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate job functions and basic duties, in addition to “peripheral tasks” or that could generally be considered “other duties as assigned.” In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and/or requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as necessary and appropriate. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform this position.
VETERAN EROSION SERVICES LLC
AddressEl Mirage, AZ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?