- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: VESTA is in search of a Project Engineer to work out of our headquarters in Southfield, MI. The Project Engineer position is responsible to work within the Pre-Construction Department to assist the team with preparing project estimates and proposals as well as helping project managers deliver projects on time and within budget. The Project Engineer will report to the Director of Pre-Construction. This is a full-time position.
- Review bid documents and analyze bid technical data, drawings, and specifications
- Perform basic project plans take-off
- Assist with generating bid documents for the various project trades
- Obtain quotes from subcontractors and analyze the quote
- Estimate project costs and present to upper management
- Work with the sales team to prepare proposals
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Help with buyouts and issue purchase orders
- Assist project managers with drafting and maintaining a project schedule
- Generate product data submittals and RFIs
- Interact with the project managers for the project assigned and address their needs and requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation between the subcontractors and project administration is collected and processed on time and make sure updated drawings are provided to the field team
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Coordinates project change order management and creation, between Project Manager and Owner
- Prepare closeout documents
- BS degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Working experience as a project engineer is preferred
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Time management and organization skills
If hired for this position you will join a company with a fun, business-casual atmosphere. We are committed to providing a diverse workplace and believe that our employees are our greatest asset. We respect hard work, honesty, and integrity in all our employees. We provide ample industry-related training and a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401K savings plan and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
VESTA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status (including civil union status), economic status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
VESTA HOUSING SOLUTIONS LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at VESTA HOUSING SOLUTIONS LLC