Under the direction of the Decision Support Manager, the Business Analyst is responsible for maintaining the Provider Compensation system, processing Productivity Plans, and updating reports. He/she ensures that the information is accurate with the independent contractor/employment agreement. In addition to Provider Compensation, Business Analyst will serve as a key member of the finance team providing support related to annual budgeting, updating BI dashboard tools, and report distributions.
- Process monthly or semi-monthly compensation information for Providers (Medical Directors, Physicians and Advanced Practice Clinicians).
- Prepare assigned monthly/standard reports and develops streamlined processes where appropriate.
- Assist in annual budgeting activities to include: input, development and review of financial and due diligence activities.
- Support Providers on inquiries relating to VEP’s compensation models.
- Participate in review process for all compensation arrangements, including supporting documentation.
- Process of collection, analysis and reporting of compensation-related data specific to organization wide primary and specialty compensation, including Productivity Pay.
- Interprets and assists in enforcing physician contracted compensation/benefits terms and conditions.
- Provides analysis and makes recommendations to Leadership Team on productivity and financial issues.
- Researching incoming inquiries related to compensation and productivity
- Assist with various site financial performances analysis.
- Strong understanding of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare timely accurate reports.
- Knowledge and ability in the use of software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Detail orientated and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with the physicians, allied health professionals, the public, other authorities, agencies, employees, and vendors.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Finance or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
- Prefer 2 years of working experience.
- Prefer experience working with Dashboard tools (Microsoft PowerBI or Tableau) and financial management systems (Netsuite or Adaptive Insights).
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; on occasion may be required to work longer hours.