The Benefits & Wellness Specialist administers benefit programs, including retirement programs by maintaining an employee database; responding to requests; coordinating with third parties, interpreting policies and procedures; researching discrepancies; providing information; and maintaining a positive working relationship with all Venus Team Members and external vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
2. Serves as point of contact with insurance brokers and benefit providers.
3. Requests reports from benefit providers; performs audits of benefits-related data.
4. Communicates and distributes all benefits enrollment materials.
5. Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
6. Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
7. Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
8. Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
9. Plans and coordinates the open enrollment process with benefit providers.
1. Tracks attendance, participation, or performance data related to wellness events.
2. Develop campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle; increase participation in fitness and wellness programs.
3. Conducts surveys to determine interest and satisfaction of wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
4. Selects and supervises contractors, such as event hosts or health, fitness, and wellness practitioners.
5. Organizes and oversees all health fairs and screenings, such as flu, mammography, blood pressure, and cholesterol screenings.
1. Reviews incoming Unemployment Claims on a daily basis.
2. Responds to Unemployment Claim questions.
3. Attends Unemployment hearings (over the phone).
4. Processes all new hires in ADP; processes all changes to employee files in ADP.
5. Processes reoccurring administrative tasks associated with administration of benefit plans.
6. Provides support for special projects as requested.
7. Completes Verification of Employment requests.
8. Review and respond to medical notices with appropriate documentation.
• Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Customer Focus: Build strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
• Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
JOB BASED COMPETENCIES:
• Manages ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
• Drives engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
• Builds Networks: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and
• Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources.
• At least 3 years’ of related experience; must have 2+ years’ experience with corporate benefit programs, FMLA, and the legal responsibilities in relation to these programs.
• HRIS experience, preferably with ADP
• Ability to maintain confidentiality to preserve the integrity of benefits and human resources practices.
• Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in communication and working effectively with a diverse range of internal and external contacts.
• Ability to analyze complex issues and effectively recommend solutions.
• Administrative experience such as data entry, managing data driven report processes or detailed processes that have multiple components to manage.
• Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
• Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently with exceptional organizational, problem solving, prioritizing, and decision-making skills.
Employee will work in an office environment, as well as a warehouse environment. Some local travel is required, especially between office and warehouse locations. Overnight travel is minimal to none.
Office: 11711 Marco Beach Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32224
Warehouse: 1 Imeson Park Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32218