Accountable for leading, directing and managing site operations to ensure consistent high-level service quality and customer satisfaction, profitable, cost efficient operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures and ISO standards requirements, and other regulatory guidelines. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Lead, direct and manage inbound and/or outbound transborder cargo flow to ensure that the operations staff executes service agreements at, or above the customer's standards.
- Oversees process flows, cargo zoning, scanning, load planning and utilization of cargo visibility management systems
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communications and follow-up on all pending matters with the customer.
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules and adjust accordingly to ensure adequate staffing levels that support operational demands and business objectives.
- Manage revenue and expenses to budget constraints.
- Ensure directives, rules and procedures are communicated to all operations' staff.
- Ensure safety methods, practices and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that freight is being moved in a safe and timely manner utilizing appropriate equipment and tools.
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment by inspecting and scheduling maintenance and ensuring that all office and warehouse equipment is properly accounted for and in safe working condition.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Manage and oversee administrative functions to ensure all paperwork is processed efficiently and in a timely manner and meets all compliance requirements.
- Train and certify new employees on all performance standards.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through training and quality management activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with Ventus Global Logistics personnel policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking and participation in professional organizations.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
Education & Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must have experience with U.S. and Mexican customs processes and procedures, transborder cargo flow
- Minimum five years related operational leadership experience required
- Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience required.
- Minimum four years industry experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of all products, services and operations required, specifically cross dock operations
- Demonstrated understanding of project Management methodologies and management of multiple projects required.
- Change management principles and application required.
- Problem analysis and definition, risk alternative evaluation and problem resolution methods required.
- Collaborative decision-making skills required.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English, Spanish strongly desired
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
- Computer literate
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications
- Demonstrated experience in managing the financial aspects of the department (purchasing, budget preparation and review, financial reporting and monitoring expenses)
- Demonstrated leadership skills in influencing departments and implementing and managing change.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Ability to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain support and acceptance from all stakeholders
- Ability to implement operational changes to improve financial performance and operational efficiency
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner acceptable to others and the organization
- Uses appropriate methods and flexible interpersonal style to help build cohesive team to facilitate the completion of team goals
- Skilled in delegation of authority to effectively meet organizational and strategic goals
- Leads by example, putting customers first. Develops and sustains positive business relationships
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid state issued Driver's License required
- Forklift Driver Certification required
- Other professional certifications may be required
Travel is required at least 10% of the time in this position.