Position : Janitor
Location: Chanhassen, Minnesota
CLIENT is seeking Janitors to join our operations & maintenance team at a major food manufacturing plant in Chanhassen, MN!
- Typical work hours are Monday - Thursday, 6:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.; hours may vary based on business demand
- Working at this facility will involve regular exposure the following food allergens:
- Dairy Shortening
- Dairy Single Size
- Tree Nuts
These positions work with a diverse janitorial team to deliver specialized cleaning services in a high visibility environment.
- Performs high/low dusting, vacuuming, disinfecting, spot cleaning, and trash removal.
- Washes windows, walls, and restroom facilities.
- Replenish supplies as needed.
- Operate floor cleaning, waxing, and polishing equipment, as well as various wet/dry vacuum cleaner models.
- Inspect all equipment for proper operation.
- Sweep, mop, and/or scrub hallways and stairs.
- Observe, identify, and report any potential safety hazards to Supervisor for resolution.
- Assist in the movement and relocation of furniture and equipment as needed.
- Respond to customer questions and complaints to ensure positive resolution.
- Recommend and implement improved work methods and procedures.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are enforced.
- Perform related duties as assigned and required.
- We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs, CNC Service Techs, Automation Techs, Industrial Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Logistics / Crib Management, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers’ facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
- These are full-time, regular positions with CLIENT that offer competitive pay and a full benefits package, including
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- 3 weeks of accrued Paid Time Off per calendar year
- 401k plan with 3% company match
- One year of custodial, janitorial, or housekeeping experience in a fast-paced, high visibility environment.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position requires a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 30 lbs.
- Requires the ability to work inside and outside in diverse weather conditions.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Experience with modern cleaning methods, materials, disinfectants, chemicals, etc.
- Experience operating floor scrubbers and other cleaning equipment.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment, including applying proper safety practices and following procedures while performing maintenance tasks.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.