Position: Production Maintenance Electrician 3 – Nights/12 –HR shifts
Location: New Berlin, WI
- This position works 12-hour shifts on the NIGHTS schedule on a schedule rotation of 3 on and 2 off; 2 on and 3 off.
- This position is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and performing preventive and corrective maintenance on plastics processing / production equipment in an industrial environment.
- We offer comprehensive training, upward mobility, and challenging assignments every day!
- Strong electrical skills, especially PLC diagnostics and troubleshooting, and some mechanical background, particularly in hydraulic systems maintenance, are required.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on robotics, extrusion systems, screws, vision systems, leak detection systems, plastic trimming equipment, vacuum loading systems, color blending systems, plastic grinders, and palletizers. Works with line controls, thermocouples, transducers, and heater bands. Works with primary voltages up to and including 480v. Performs mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance on motors, conveyor systems, and cooling water systems.
- The Production Maintenance Electrician 3 must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs plastic processing / production machines, robots, automation equipment and related electrical equipment, such as electrical control circuits from 24v up to and including 480v AC, electro-mechanical test devices, instrumentation devices, PLCs / ladder logic controllers, and variable frequency drives as necessary.
- Utilizes strong electrical and mechanical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag out procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent or willing to working toward demonstrated equivalent in an agreed upon time frame.
- Three of experience performing electrical maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment and systems in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other CLIENT, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Technology, or related skilled trade program.
- Five years of experience in mold injection, plastics processing equipment maintenance.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing components up to 480v 3 phase.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing PLCs
- Experience maintaining a robotics automated production line, including hydraulic and conveyor systems.
- Experience reading prints and schematics.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.