Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Pathology
The Department of Pathology at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine invites applications from outstanding Hematopathologists to join our Faculty at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor commensurate with experience. Successful candidate will actively participate in the strong academic interactions of the VCU Massey Cancer Center Multi-disciplinary Hematology Malignacy and Bone Marrow Transplant programs. Expertise in Molecular Diagnostics, Flow Cytometry and Lymph Node Pathology is preferred.
- Participate in educational activities for the Hematopathology Lab.
- Instruct and train medical students, Pathology Residents and Hematology Fellows.
- Give didactic presentations, lectures and round.
- Provide CME for Faculty, Nurses, Allied Health Personel and Community Physicians.
- Development of workshops at the local, state and national level.
- Establish and maintain an active program of scholarship in Hematology and Clinical Pathology.
- Demonstrate productivity by presenting papers at national meetings, publishing in peer-reviewed scientific literature and obtaining extramural funding.
- Serve as a liaison between the Hematopathology Lab and the clinical services.
- Foster and build upon collaborative relations with clinicians and researcher.
- Clinical service commitment will comprise up to 75% of total effort.
- Participate in busy Hematology Lab which includes sections for: bodily fluids analysis, coagulation and high volume bone marrow and lymph node diagnostic service.
- Ensure quality assurance of satellite labs which perform Hematologice tests.
- Provide medical and technical expertise to the Hematopathology Lab by evaluating and rendering interpretation and diagnoses for specimens.
- Perform bone marrow biopsy procedures.
- Serve as a resource to Technologists at the benchDirectly supervise the Medical Technologists in the Bone Marrow Lab.
- BC Anatomical and/or Clinical Pathology
- BC in Hematology
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website, https://www.vcujobs.com/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.