- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WE ARE VCC
VCC is a full-service commercial general contractor with extensive experience in pre-construction, design-build, construction management, consultation, value engineering and contract delivery. Since 1987, we have worked to build the reputation as a leading contractor in the nation, growing from one office in Little Rock, Ark. to nine offices around the country and construction projects in all 50 states. We have maintained a debt-free, financially conservative philosophy. This approach has kept us financially strong, ensuring it will be there whenever their clients need us.
We are unique in that we have combined innovation with traditional construction practices and industry leading management. We are ranked in the top 100 general contractors by ENR and the largest retail contractor in the United States. We are continually inspired by the challenges and triumphs of the building process, and we are confident that the VCC family will only grow and improve with aspiring new employees like you, our future.
JOB ROLE SUMMARY
As a Preconstruction Manager you will be accountable for reviewing project plans and specifications, preparing quantity takeoffs and pricing all aspects of the project by quantifying and analyzing construction documents. You will estimate overhead components, complete unit pricing across multiple trade disciplines and perform system trade off comparisons by utilizing industry experience to develop cost estimates reflective of local market and project conditions. Typical projects include retail, office, multi family, entertainment, hospitality, and various other commercial construction projects.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review project plans and specifications, prepare quantity takeoffs and price all aspects of the project.
- Manage, organize and or be a part of the overall bid and proposal process.
- Reading, quantifying and analyzing construction documents in all trade disciplines. Estimate overhead components.
- Use MS Excel and On-Screen Takeoff software to aid in the estimating process.
- Use various system unit pricing across multiple trade disciplines using current and historical market unit pricing.
- Perform system trade off comparisons on a macro scale (structural systems, mechanical systems, foundations, etc).
- Perform conceptual estimates with limited design quickly. Understand the level of detail appropriate for a particular stakeholder. Utilize program square footage costs.
- Perform detailed quantity take-off and estimates for partial or complete plans.
- Effectively communicate with subcontractors, vendors, & designers.
- Use knowledge of construction scheduling and sequencing.
- Provide and evaluate value engineering options without impacting project program and design intent.
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects and work with different teams simultaneously.
- Understand and use various regional market pricing and project types (retail, office, multi family, entertainment, hospitality, etc.).
- Accumulate, evaluate, and document historical cost data, current trends, and construction procedures and methods in order to keep current with estimating standards and databases.
- Evaluate project requirements and needs for site logistics, phasing, scheduling, sequencing, etc.
- Ability to develop a project approach specific to the project.
- Coordinate with all other departments in evaluating project needs and RFP deliverables.
- Work in tandem with architectural review team to identify design options, conflicts, and project efficiencies for Owner and provide end user value contribution.
- Create and maintain relationships with subcontractors and vendors to identify market trends and costs.
- Assist in research of industry regional cost indices.
- Assist in project subcontractor buyout when required.
- Present and discuss company preconstruction processes during prospective client and project presentations.
- Willingness to implement and use new technology for workflow improvement and efficiency.
- Conduct training for preconstruction staff.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, related degree from accredited program or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6 years experience producing conceptual and hard bid estimates.
- Multi-family & hospitality experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to provide conceptual and detailed estimates on a variety of commercial projects.
- Must have the ability to be self-motivated and effectively interact with team members.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Excel required.
- Experience with On-Screen Takeoff Pro. Familiarity with Windows based computer software applications and an ability to learn software applications quickly and easily
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be a professional with a positive attitude and have a proven track record of success, stability and longevity in their work experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of complex assignments.
- Must be highly organized and capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered with attention to detail and quality.
WHAT WE OFFER
At VCC you aren't just an employee; you're an important member of our team. Below are some of the excellent benefits we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, prescription & dental benefits, life insurance
- 401(k) retirement program
- Profit Sharing
- Wellness Program
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Interested in VCC? Learn about our job postings and more:
Find Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
EducationView all jobs at VCC LLC