Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:https://www.myworkday.com/vca/d/inst/1$9925/9925$10629.htmldA Shoreline Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center is a 24-hour emergency/multi-specialty practice in Shelton, Connecticut.
VCA Shoreline Veterinary Referral & Emergency Center is actively seeking a full time Certified Technician Supervisor to join our well established specialty practice. We feature a newly-built, state-of-the-art, VECCS Level 1 Certified facility, a talented team of nine board certified specialists providing the most comprehensive veterinary medicine available in the region along with five full-time emergency veterinarians providing 24/7/365 emergency care with a strong management team dedicated to delivering the highest quality patient care and exceptional client services. Our specialties include Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Emergency, 7 days a week Critical Care and much more; our technical staff is highly skilled and motivated. We offer a wide range of diagnostics including in-house MRI, Ultrasound and Endoscopy, Digital Radiography, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Hemodialysis Unit, ICU with Telemetry and Oxygen Therapy. VCA Shoreline also provides a fully equipped Animal Ambulance Service for the specialty transport of ill, injured, or critical patients from the region into our hospital.
VCA Shoreline is located in luxurious Fairfield County on the Gold Coast of Connecticut. We are 60 miles from New York City, 20 miles from New Haven and Yale University, and approximately 2 hours from Boston.
Skills & Qualifications
- Certified or Registered Technician status with at least 2 years supervisory experince
- Professional comportment & appearance, excellent interpersonal skills, and a positive, friendly attitude
- Ability to plan, organize, make decisions and communicate effectively and clearly with fellow team members
- Ability to take information from clients, staff and other sources, discern that which is credible and assess the hospital and its operation objectively.
- Able to handle multiple tasks at once, and deal with high levels of stress in an environment of changing priorities
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Must have strong medical skills.
- Interview, hire, train, review, schedule, discipline, and discharge technical staff.
- Mentor technical staff in nursing care, radiology, anesthesia, surgery, laboratory and pharmacy ensuring that team is trained and following VCA standards of quality medical care.
- Ensure that all patient medical and surgical records are complete and accurate.
- Oversee client flow to ensure that clients and patients are seen and treated in a professional, timely and competent manner.
- Modify and update systems and procedures wherever needed to better serve clients, patients, the practice and employees, i.e., modify and maintain schedules for the most productive use of time so the practice operates within budget.
- Ensure that all hospital logs are being kept up to date and accurate including anesthesia/ surgery, radiology and controlled substance logs.
- Meet with Medical Director and Hospital Managers regularly to discuss, evaluate and plan for the welfare of the practice.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
VCA rewards its team members with a competitive salary & a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Sign on bonus
- Moving Expenses
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing education allowance
- Generous pet discount
To learn more about VCA Shoreline Veterinary Referral & Emergency Center visit www.vcashoreline.com.Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!Physical Demands: Work is generally performed in an office environment. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).